Legal & General
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Author: Jennifer Thompson, Financial Times
"Investors demand more information on labour practices", 2 July 2017...
Author: CORE, Anti-Slavery International, Unicef UK, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related stories: 4 short briefings released for businesses & investors on reporting requirements under UK Modern Slavery Act
- Related in-depth areas: Modern Slavery Registry powered by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related companies: AB InBev UK (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) ASOS British Land British Sky Broadcasting Burberry Debenhams Experian John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership Legal & General Marks & Spencer Mothercare Nando's National Grid Nationwide Building Society Nintendo Renault Vodafone Wockhardt
Analysis shows only a hanfdul of company statements are meeting the Act’s requirements, majority lack adequate information
Commentary: If companies want to be responsible on tax, they need to make a clear & unequivocal statement
Author: Michael Solomon, Responsible 100, on Crowd (UK)
"Are we entering the responsible tax era?", 14 Jul 2016...
Investors with $6 trillion in assets back shareholder resolution calling on ExxonMobil to disclose climate risks for its business
"Investors with $6 trillion in assets back ExxonMobil climate change resolution: UK Church fund', 12 Apr 2016...
- Related stories: Shareholder resolution calls on ExxonMobil to disclose climate risks for its business
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism Mitigation
- Related companies: AXA BNP Paribas ExxonMobil Legal & General
Author: Damian Carrington & Caelainn Barr, Guardian (UK)
"Coal crash: how pension funds face huge risk from climate change", 15 Jun 2015...
- Related stories: Studies reveal risks investors face due to climate change
- Related companies: Aberdeen Asset Management Adani Group Allianz Alpha Natural Resources APG Arch Coal AXA BlackRock BNP Paribas Capital Group Consol Energy Evraz J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Legal & General PGGM Rio Tinto Sasol State Street UBS Vale Vanguard
Report assesses financial institutions' responsibility to respect human rights: Case study on extractives
Author: Dutch Fair Bank Guide & Dutch Fair Insurance Guide
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited ABN Amro, Allianz, APG, CNPC, Delta Lloyd, Generali, GlencoreXstrata, ING, Legal & General, ONGC, Rabobank, Shell to respond - responses & non-responses provided.] In December 2013, the...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: ABN Amro Aegon APG ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) Barrick Gold China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Freeport-McMoRan Glencore Glencore Xstrata (now Glencore) Goldcorp ING Legal & General ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Posco Rabobank Shell SNS Reaal Trafigura Beheer Triodos Bank Vedanta Resources
- Related in-depth areas: Report assesses financial institutions' responsibility to respect human rights: Case study on extractives
- This is a response from the following companies: Legal & General
Author: Survival International
[El Centro de Información sobre Empresas y Derechos Humanos invitó a Pacific Rubiales a responder; la respuesta está abajo] Una tribu amazónica ha dirigido un llamamiento urgente a los accionistas del gigante petrolero canadiense-colombiano Pacific...
Author: Survival International
An Amazonian tribe has sent an urgent appeal to shareholders of Canadian-Colombian oil giant Pacific Rubiales to protect the lives of uncontacted Indians in Peru, whose survival is threatened by the company’s work on their land…The Matsés and Survival...