Member of UN Global Compact
Author: Michelle Russell & Ben Wright, just-style (UK)
“Rana Plaza four years on – Timelines of change”, 21 Apr 2017...
- Related stories: 4 years on from Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh - some progress but a lot still to be done
- Related companies: adidas Associated British Foods Auchan Benetton C&A Esprit Gap H&M Inditex KiK Levi Strauss Marks & Spencer Matalan Nike Otto Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Tesco VF Corp Walmart
Author: Lucie Robequain, Les Echos (France)
« Climat : les entreprises américaines entre petits calculs et actions sincères », 11 avril 2017...
Major US companies stick with climate pledges while Chamber of Commerce supports Trump's move to weaken regulations
Author: Christopher Flavelle, Industry Week (USA)
"America's largest manufacturing companies stick with climate pledge after Trump pivot", 30 Mar 2017...
- Related stories: USA: NGOs & firms reaffirm commitment to fight climate change following Trump's limitations to climate actions
- Related companies: Alphabet Amazon.com Anheuser-Busch InBev Apple Best Buy General Electric Google (part of Alphabet) IKEA Levi Strauss Mars Microsoft Nestlé Procter & Gamble Walmart
Author: Sen David and Alessandro Marazzi Sassoon, Phonm Penh Post (Cambodia)
"Blast at Levi's supplier kills one, injures seven", 28 Mar 2017...
- Related companies: Levi Strauss
Clothing company VF to adopt responsible sourcing policy for wood pulp to tackle deforestation & human rights issues in supply chain
Author: Ellen Wulfhorst, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"Apparel titan VF Corp tackles deforestation & human rights issues in supply chain", 27 Feb 2017...
Author: Mark Bergen & Sarah Frier, The Independent UK
“Apple, Facebook, Uber, Google, Intel, Snap and Netflix join slew of companies to take legal action against Trump”, 6 February 2017...
USA: 600+ investors & companies call on Trump administration to take action on climate change & low-carbon economy
Author: Daniel Brooksbank, Responsible Investor (UK)
“Top US investors and companies unite to promote low carbon future ahead of Trump inauguration”, 10 January 2017...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms Responsible public policy USA: Trump administration actions on business & human rights
- Related companies: adidas Adobe Systems Advanced Micro Devices Allianz Boston Common Asset Mgmt. DuPont Gap General Mills Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) Intel Johnson & Johnson Kellogg Levi Strauss Mars Mercy Investment Services Mondelēz International Monsanto Nike PG&E Staples Starbucks Unilever
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers