LinkedIn (part of Microsoft)
Headquarters in USA
Microsoft acquired LinkedIn on 8 December 2016.
7 telecommunications companies join Global Networks Initiative expanding global protection of freedom of expression & privacy rights
Author: Global Networks Initiative
"Global Network Initiative Adds Seven Companies in Milestone Expansion of Freedom of Expression and Privacy Initiative"...
Author: John Fallon, CEO of Pearson, in Fortune (USA)
...While government leaders work towards a political solution, business leaders have a valuable role to play not only through charitable activities, but through real investments. Last September, I visited the Za’atari refugee camp in the north of...
- Related stories: Access to work in Jordan & Lebanon for Syrian refugees, migrant workers & host populations
- Related companies: Chobani LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Microsoft Pearson
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
"…Facebook…has quietly developed software to suppress posts from appearing in people’s news feeds in specific geographic areas, according to three current and former Facebook employees…The feature was created to help Facebook get into China, a market...
Russia: Govt. bans LinkedIn for not storing user data on local servers, denies allegations about censorship
Author: Natalia Suvorova, The Moscow Times
"Russia turns the switch off on LinkedIn", 18 November 2016...
- Related companies: LinkedIn
Airbnb, Apple & LinkedIn amongst foreign companies to host information in China in accordance with strict censorship laws
Author: Doug Young, Caixin (China)
"Airbnb to Share China Data with Local Officials", 2 Nov 2016...
- Related stories: China: Controversial cybersecurity law passed, requires business to comply with further internet censorship rules
- Related companies: Airbnb Apple LinkedIn
Author: Cynthia McFadden, Tracy Connor & William M. Arkin, NBC News
"Putin Wants to Push Microsoft Out of Russia in Battle with U.S.", 1 Nov 2016...
Author: The White House
"FACT SHEET: White House Launches a Call to Action for Private Sector Engagement on the Global Refugee Crisis," 30 Jun 2016...
Author: Access Now
Today leading internet and telecommunications giants issued a strong rebuke of the use of internet shutdowns worldwide. The Global Network Initiative (GNI) and the Telecommunications Industry Dialogue — which include company members AT&T, Google,...
- Related stories: Joint statement on internet shutdowns, by Global Network Initiative and Telecommunications Industry Dialogue Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: AT&T Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) LinkedIn Microsoft Orange Telefónica Telenor Vodafone Yahoo!