Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Boursier.com (France)
« Euronext et Vigeo créent un nouvel indice ESG dédié au marché des Pays Emergents », 23 juin 2015...
- Related companies: Aditya Birla Group AngloGold Ashanti Aspen Pharmacare Ayala Barloworld BMCE (Banque Marocaine du Commerce Extérieur) Cairn Energy Cementos Argos Cemex Chunghwa Telecom Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Exxaro Foschini Fresnillo Gold Fields Hankook Tire Hellenic Telecommunication Organisation (see OTE) Hindalco (part of Aditya Birla Group) Hindustan Unilever Impala Platinum Infosys ITC Kumba Iron Ore Lenovo LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Liberty National Life Insurance (part of Torchmark) Lonmin Maroc Telecom MOL (see Mitsui O.S.K. Lines or Magyar Olaj Gazi) Natura Nedbank Nestlé NYSE Euronext Pegatron PTT PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP, part of PTT) Reliance Industries Samsung Sanlam Siam Cement Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Telefónica Tractebel (part of GDF Suez) Unilever Vigeo Wipro Woolworths Holdings
So. Africa: NGOs make written submission to presidency requesting release of Farlam report into Marikana mine massacre
'R2K welcomes the release of the AIDC Lonmin Report: exposing Lonmin's profit shifting', 4 Jun 2015:…[In] May 2015, the Alternative Information Development Centre (AIDC) launched a report…expos[ing]…Lonmin’s attempts to hide profits of at least R400...
- Related stories: So. Africa: Lonmin accused of moving millions in platinum revenue to fiscal haven; company denies claims of tax avoidance
- Related companies: Lonmin
A country guide on business and human rights in South Africa has been produced by the South African Human Rights Commission together with the Danish Institute for Human Rights. the report seeks to raise awareness of the key human rights abuses...
Author: Setumo Stone, Business Day (So. Africa)
'Marikana report handed to Zuma', 1 Apr 2015: Close to three years after the Marikana massacre, the report by the commission of inquiry into the event has been completed and handed to President Jacob Zuma. An illegal strike at Lonmin that turned...
- Related stories: So. Africa: Advocates for striking miners massacred at Marikana in 2012 make final statements to commission of inquiry
- Related companies: Lonmin
Author: Khanya Mncwabe in Mail & Guardian (So. Africa)
'Mining for goodwill reaps profits', 20 Feb 2015: Africa’s top mining…executives met…at the Investing in African Mining Indaba…last week…[J]ust a few kilometres away…hundreds of civil society activists who could not afford the almost $2 000 admission...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
'Business unusual: Mining in the aftermath of Marikana - the human rights impacts of southern Africa’s extractive sector', Feb 2015: Mining is central to the economies of southern Africa…But there is so much more that this wealth-generating industry...
- Related stories: Calls for inclusion & engagement as So. Africa hosts Investing in Mining Indaba
- Related in-depth areas: Development and poverty - an introduction Free, prior and informed consent Health & safety in the workplace Latest news on tax avoidance Mining
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Anhui Foreign Economic Construction Arcelor Mittal Collum Coal Mining De Beers ENRC Glencore Gold Fields Harmony Gold Impala Platinum Konkola Copper Mines (joint venture Vedanta Resources, Zambia Copper Investments & ZCCM Investments) Lonmin New Reclamation Och-Ziff Capital Management Palladino Holdings Rio Tinto Vale Vedanta Resources Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation (ZMDC)
Author: Allan Seccombe, Business Day (So. Africa)
Worker fatalities at mines have dropped...
South Africa clamps down on tax avoidance as G20 countries pledge to establish information exchange by 2015
Author: Lisa Steyn, Mail & Guardian (So. Africa)
'Clampdown on tax avoidance', 21 Nov 2014: A global crackdown on tax avoidance has begun and South Africa is forging ahead in a bid to tackle wealthy individuals and corporates who practise this tactic…G20 countries have pledged to set up a system of...