Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
So. Africa: Study finds that many companies listed on JSE's Sustainability Index flout environmental laws
Author: Alide Dasnois, GroundUp
'Some of SA's top companies are quietly breaking the law', 8 Sep 2015: Some of the top companies on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange are flouting environmental laws and not telling their shareholders, according to a study by the Centre for...
Africa: Academic urges economic justice actors to fight both illegal and licit financial flows, adopt more nuanced approach
Author: Patrick Bond, University of Kwazulu Natal in Pambazuka News (Africa)
'Retreat of foreign investment from Africa means less looting', 2 Sep 2015:…[A] Zimbabwe NGO conference…was dedicated to fighting illegal capital flight from across the African continent…[Will] the region’s…economic-justice NGOs take the next step and...
So. Africa: Women of Marikana lodge complaint relating to World Bank's investment in Lonmin citing negative social, environmental impacts
A group of women from Marikana, assisted by the Centre for Applied Legal Studies, have lodged a complaint with the Office of the Compliance Advisor/Ombudsman in relation to the social and environmental impacts of the operations of Lonmin's Marikana...
'Lonmin response to IFC complaint by affected community members in relation to social and environmental impacts of Lonmin’s operation in Marikana', 10 Jul 2015:…Lonmin is aware of its continued obligation to contribute to alleviating housing and...
- Related stories: So. Africa: Women of Marikana lodge complaint relating to World Bank's investment in Lonmin citing negative social, environmental impacts
- This is a response from the following companies: Lonmin
Author: Boursier.com (France)
« Euronext et Vigeo créent un nouvel indice ESG dédié au marché des Pays Emergents », 23 juin 2015...
- Related companies: Aditya Birla Group AngloGold Ashanti Aspen Pharmacare Ayala Barloworld BMCE (Banque Marocaine du Commerce Extérieur) Cairn Energy Cementos Argos Cemex Chunghwa Telecom Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Exxaro Foschini Fresnillo Gold Fields Hankook Tire Hellenic Telecommunication Organisation (see OTE) Hindalco (part of Aditya Birla Group) Hindustan Unilever Impala Platinum Infosys ITC Kumba Iron Ore Lenovo LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Liberty National Life Insurance (part of Torchmark) Lonmin Maroc Telecom MOL (see Mitsui O.S.K. Lines or Magyar Olaj Gazi) Natura Nedbank Nestlé NYSE Euronext Pegatron PTT PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP, part of PTT) Reliance Industries Samsung Sanlam Siam Cement Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Telefónica Tractebel (part of GDF Suez) Unilever Vigeo Wipro Woolworths Holdings
So. Africa: NGOs make written submission to presidency requesting release of Farlam report into Marikana mine massacre
'R2K welcomes the release of the AIDC Lonmin Report: exposing Lonmin's profit shifting', 4 Jun 2015:…[In] May 2015, the Alternative Information Development Centre (AIDC) launched a report…expos[ing]…Lonmin’s attempts to hide profits of at least R400...
- Related stories: So. Africa: Lonmin accused of moving millions in platinum revenue to fiscal haven; company denies claims of tax avoidance
- Related companies: Lonmin
A country guide on business and human rights in South Africa has been produced by the South African Human Rights Commission together with the Danish Institute for Human Rights. the report seeks to raise awareness of the key human rights abuses...
Author: Setumo Stone, Business Day (So. Africa)
'Marikana report handed to Zuma', 1 Apr 2015: Close to three years after the Marikana massacre, the report by the commission of inquiry into the event has been completed and handed to President Jacob Zuma. An illegal strike at Lonmin that turned...
- Related stories: So. Africa: Advocates for striking miners massacred at Marikana in 2012 make final statements to commission of inquiry
- Related companies: Lonmin