Headquarters in USA
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Santa Cruz Office Of The County Counsel and Sher Edling LLP
THE COUNTY OF SANTA CRUZ, individually and on behalf of THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, Plaintiff, vs. CHEVRON CORP.; CHEVRON U.S.A. INC.; EXXONMOBIL CORP.; BP P.L.C.; BP AMERICA, INC.; ROYAL DUTCH SHELL PLC; SHELL OIL PRODUCTS COMPANY LLC;...
- Related stories: USA: Santa Cruz county & city file lawsuits against 29 fossil fuel companies over alleged climate change contribution
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism Climate change litigation Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Anadarko Apache BP Chevron Citgo Petroleum (part of PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela)) ConocoPhillips Devon Energy EnCana ExxonMobil Hess Corporation Marathon Oil Occidental Chemical (part of Occidental Petroleum) Occidental Petroleum Repsol Shell Total
USA: Santa Cruz county & city file lawsuits against 29 fossil fuel companies over alleged climate change
Author: El Espectador (Colombia)
“100 compañías emiten 71% de los gases responsables del cambio climático”, 15 de diciembre de 2017...
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk Abu Dhabi National Oil Co Adaro Energy Alliance Resource Partners LP Alpha Natural Resources Anadarko Apache Arch Coal Bahrain Petroleum Co (BAPCO) Banpu BHP Billiton BP Bukit Asam (Persero) Bumi Resources Canadian Natural Resources Chesapeake Energy Chevron China Coal Energy (part of China National Coal Group) China National Offshore Oil Corporation (see CNOOC) China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) Cloud Peak Energy Coal India (CIL) ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Devon Energy Drummond Ecopetrol Egyptian General Petroleum EnCana EOG Resources Exxaro ExxonMobil Gazprom Glencore Hess Corporation Husky Energy Indika Energy INPEX Iraq National Oil Company KazMunayGas Kideco Jaya Agung Kuwait Petroleum Corporation Lukoil Marathon Oil Murphy Oil Murray Energy NACCO Industries National Iranian Oil Co National Oil Corporation of Libya Natural Resource Partners L.P Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Noble Energy Novatek Occidental Petroleum Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (see ONGC) OMV PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela) Peabody Energy Pemex Pertamina Peter Kiewit Sons Petoro AS Petrobras Petroecuador Petroleum Development Oman LLC Petronas Qatar Petroleum Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Russian Coal RWE Sasol Saudi Aramco Singareni Collieries Company Sonangol Sonatrach Southwestern Energy Statoil Suncor Surgutneftegas Syrian Petroleum Co Tatneft Teck Resources Total TurkmenGaz Turkmennebit Vistra Energy Westmoreland Coal Co YPF
On 17 July 2017, three local governments in California (San Mateo County, Marin County, and the City of Imperial Beach) filed a lawsuit against 37 fossil fuel companies including BP, Chevron, ExxonMobil, Peabody Energy, Shell and Statoil....
USA: 3 Californian communities sue 37 “carbon majors” seeking compensation for costs of adapting to sea level rises linked to climate change
Author: Han Chen, NRDC
The Industrial Energy Consumers of America sent a letter to Trump on May 15, expressing their support for withdrawal from Paris. In their letter, they claimed to represent large member companies with over $1 trillion in annual sales.... [yet] many of...
- Related stories: Members of US business org. IECA disagree with its stance against Paris Agreement
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Air Products Archer Daniels Midland Ash Grove Cement Bristol-Myers Squibb Celanese Cliffs Natural Resources Corning Domtar FMC Formosa Plastics Gerdau Guardian Industries Incitec Pivot John Deere LafargeHolcim Linde Marathon Oil Molson Coors National Gypsum Owens-Illinois United States Steel
Author: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark Limited (CHRB Ltd)
The Corporate Human Rights Benchmark Key Findings Report was released 13 Mar 17....
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark releases ranking results on human rights performance of 98 companies
- Related companies: adidas AEON Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Archer Daniels Midland Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BP BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coach Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Couche-Tard Danone Devon Energy Diageo Dior (part of LVMH) Ecopetrol Eni EOG Resources ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heineken Hennes & Mauritz (see H&M) Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kraft Heinz Kroger Kweichow Moutai Company L Brands, Inc. Lukoil Macy's Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer McDonald's Mondelēz International Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (see ONGC) PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Sasol Shoprite Starbucks Statoil Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Walmart Woolworths Group Woolworths Limited YUM!
Marathon Oil did not respond to Publish What You Pay-US's call for EITI companies to issue statements regarding the repeal of transparency regulations under US Dodd-Frank Act section 1504.
- Related stories: Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 13 firms
- This is a non response from the following companies: Marathon Oil
Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 13 firms
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre has invited 30 companies to respond to an open letter by Publish What You Pay coalitions and several of their member NGOs. The letter urges the 30 companies to issue statements in support of disclosure by...