McAfee (part of Intel)
Headquarters in USA
Intel acquired McAfee in February 2011.
Author: London School of Economics & Charities Aid Foundation
Beyond Integrity, a new report produced by CAF, in collaboration with the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), examines how some companies are going above and beyond their traditional role to protect civic space. Key findings ...
- Related stories: New report examines the role of businesses in protecting civic space Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: adidas Brilliant Earth Cisco Systems H&M Leber Jeweler McAfee (part of Intel) Puma S Group Sandvine Tiffany Verizon Websense
Author: Ian Brown & Douwe Korff, Global Network Initiative
While states are responsible for protecting human rights online under international law, companies responsible for Internet infrastructure, products and services can play an important supporting role. Companies also have a legal and corporate social...
- Related stories: Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) Cisco Systems lawsuits (re China) Governments & companies can collaborate to protect freedom of expression & privacy online, says report commissioned by Global Network Initiative Yahoo! lawsuit (re China) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Civil society recommendations to governments Freedom of expression Information & communications technology Privacy
- Related companies: Amesys (part of Bull) Blue Coat Bull Google Intel McAfee (part of Intel) Microsoft Nokia Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) (joint venture Nokia and Siemens) Siemens TeliaSonera Twitter Vodafone YouTube (part of Google) ZTE
Author: Catherine Dunn, Corporate Counsel [USA]
American companies have been criticized in recent years for selling technology to countries that may use it to thwart dissent…A Chinese company took center stage [in March] because it's a major supplier of cameras and surveillance tools to Chinese...
Author: Elinor Mills, CNET
For years, Silicon Valley companies have quietly conducted a lucrative trade selling software and equipment to countries that restrict dissent over the Internet. But the recent dust-up involving an Internet filtering plan by Pakistan has turned the...
- Related stories: "Cautious Celebration: Report Suggests Pakistan IT Ministry Withdraw Internet Censorship Plans"
- Related companies: Blue Coat Cisco Systems McAfee (part of Intel) Websense
McAfee (part of Intel) did not respond to: Pakistan Govt. calls for proposals for internet filtering, blocking system - Pakistan-based NGO Bolo Bhi calls on tech firms not to bid.
- Related in-depth areas: Pakistan Govt tender for an internet filtering and blocking system
- This is a non response from the following companies: McAfee (part of Intel)
[PDF] Corporate Equality Index 2012; Rating American Workplaces on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equality
Author: Human Rights Campaign Foundation
...[T]he Corporate Equality Index [CEI] represents [how] corporate America...prioritize[s] the protection, recruitment and retention of LGBT [Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender] employees...[S]uccessful U.S. businesses have proven...that LGBT...
- Related stories: USA: Report of Human Rights Campaign Foundation rates over 300 companies on their lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender policies
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acer Adecco Adobe Systems Advance Auto Parts Advanced Micro Devices Aegon AES Aetna Affiliated Computer Services AFLAC Agco Agilent Technologies Ahold AIG Air Products Alaska Air Alcatel-Lucent Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allergan Alliant Energy Alliant Techsystems Allstate Alston & Bird Altria American Airlines American Eagle Outfitters American Electric Power American Express Amerigroup Ameriprise Financial AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Aramark Archer Daniels Midland Arent Fox Arizona Public Service Company (part of Pinnacle West Capital) Arnold & Porter Arrow Electronics ArvinMeritor Ashland Assurant AstraZeneca AT&T Atmos Energy Auto-Owners Insurance Autoliv AutoNation AutoZone Avaya Avery Dennison Avnet Avon Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Baker Hughes Baldor Electric Ball Corp. Bank of America Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Bausch & Lomb Baxter International Bayer BB&T BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Big Lots BJ's Wholesale Club BlackRock Blockbuster BNP Paribas Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Boston Scientific BP Bridgestone Bright Horizons Bristol-Myers Squibb Brown Shoe Burger King Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cablevision Calpine Cameron International Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Capgemini Capital One Cargill Carlson CarMax Casino Caterpillar CBS Celanese CenterPoint Energy Cerner Charles Schwab Charter Communications Chesapeake Energy Chevron Choice Hotels Chrysler CHS Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clifford Chance Clorox CMS Energy CNA Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Commercial Metals Community Health Systems Compass Group Computer Sciences (CSC) Con Edison ConAgra ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Constellation Energy Corning Costco Covington & Burling Cox Enterprises Credit Suisse Crown Holdings CSX Cummins Dana Danaher Darden Restaurants DaVita Dean Foods Delhaize Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu DelSur (part of PPL Corporation) Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Devon Energy Diageo Dillard's DirecTV Dole Dollar General Dominion Resources Domino's Pizza Domtar Dorsey & Whitney Dover Dow Chemical Dr Pepper Snapple Group DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Company Eastman Kodak Eaton Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Arts Eli Lilly EMC Emcor Group Emerson Electric Energy Future Holdings Energy Transfer Partners Entergy EOG Resources Erie Insurance Group Ernst & Young Estée Lauder Exelon Expedia Express Scripts ExxonMobil Faegre & Benson Family Dollar Fannie Mae FedEx Fenwick & West Fifth Third Bank First American First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) First Horizon FirstEnergy Fiserv Fluor FMC Foot Locker Ford Fortune Brands Franklin Templeton Freddie Mac Freeport-McMoRan Freescale Semiconductor Frontier Oil GameStop Gannett Gap Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Genuine Parts Genworth Financial Genzyme Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Global Partners Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google Graybar Electric Group 1 Automotive Guardian Life Insurance H&R Block H. J. Heinz (see Heinz) Halliburton Hallmark Cards Hanesbrands Hanover Insurance Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Hasbro HCA Health Care Service Health Net Henry Schein Herman Miller Hershey Hertz Hess Corporation Hilton Holland & Knight Holly Corporation Home Depot Honeywell Hormel Hospira Host Hotels & Resorts Howrey LLP HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hunton & Williams Huntsman Hyatt IBM Illinois Tool Works Ingram Micro Integrys Energy Group Intel InterContinental Hotels International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Jacobs Engineering Jarden Jenner & Block JetBlue Airways John Deere John Hancock Financial Services (part of Manulife Financial) Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KB Home KBR Kellogg's Kelly Services Kenneth Cole Kimberly-Clark Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Kinder Morgan Inc. Kohl's KPMG Kraft Foods Kroger L.L.Bean Land O'Lakes Lear Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Global Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Littler Mendelson Liz Claiborne Lockheed Martin Loews Macy's ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Mars Marsh & McLennan Masco MasterCard Mattel McAfee (part of Intel) McDermott Will & Emery McDonald's McKesson McKinsey MeadWestvaco Medtronic Meijer Merck Metlife Micron Microsoft Mirant Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Mohawk Industries Monsanto Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Motorola Solutions Murphy Oil Mylan Laboratories Nash Finch National Grid National Oilwell Varco Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life New York Times Newell Rubbermaid Newmont News Corporation Nike NiSource Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Nortel Networks Northeast Utilities Northern Trust Northrop Grumman Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance NRG Energy Nucor NYSE Euronext Occidental Petroleum Office Depot OfficeMax Omnicare Omnicom ONEOK Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Oshkosh Owens & Minor Owens Corning Owens-Illinois Paccar Pacificorp (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Pantry Parker Hannifin Peabody Energy Pearson Penske Automotive PepsiCo PetSmart Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Pilgrim's (part of JBS) Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Pitney Bowes Plains All American Pipeline PNC Financial Services PNM Resources Polaroid Polo Ralph Lauren PPG Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group Publicis Qualcomm Quest Diagnostics R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Reynolds American Rite Aid Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Ross Stores Royal Caribbean Cruises Ryder Ryland Safeway (USA) Sallie Mae Sanmina-SCI Sanofi-Aventis Sara Lee Seagate Technology Sealed Air Sempra Energy Severn Trent Shaw Group Shell Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Sodexo Sony Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Nextel Staples Starbucks Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels State Street Steelcase Sullivan & Cromwell Sun Life Financial Sunoco SunTrust Banks Supervalu Symantec Sysco T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron Thomson Reuters Tiffany Time Warner TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Travelers Tutor Perini Tyson UBS UGI Utilities Unilever Union Pacific Unisys United States Steel United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS URS US Airways US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Virgin America Virgin Media Visa International Visteon Volkswagen Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Weil, Gotshal & Manges Wellpoint Wells Fargo Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Williams Companies Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati Winn-Dixie WPP Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Xcel Energy Xerox XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) YUM!
Author: Benjamin Shingler, The Canadian Press
Netsweeper Inc..has provided services for telecommunications companies in Qatar, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen...[and] has blocked websites related to homosexuality, sex education and human-rights advocacy, as well as some newspapers and blogs and...
Author: John Hudson, Atlantic Wire [USA]
While the U.S. State Department spends millions of dollars helping people in the Middle East circumvent Web censorship, a handful of California companies are providing autocratic Middle East regimes with the technology to censor the Web, reports The...