Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
China: Executives say complaining may have led to China's relenting on tougher internet security rules
Author: Sui-Lee Wee, New York Times (USA)
"As Zeal for China Dims, Global Companies Complain More Boldly", 19 Apr 2017...
- Related stories: China: Foreign tech firms raise concerns on new anti-terror law, which requires them to decrypt information
- Related companies: Alibaba.com Amazon.com Microsoft Qualcomm
Firms reaffirming commitments to climate action criticised over controversial environmental policies
Author: Emily Atkin, New Republic
"The corporations defying Trump on climate change are not your heroes", 3 Apr 2017...
Major US companies stick with climate pledges while Chamber of Commerce supports Trump's move to weaken regulations
Author: Christopher Flavelle, Industry Week (USA)
"America's largest manufacturing companies stick with climate pledge after Trump pivot", 30 Mar 2017...
- Related stories: USA: NGOs & firms reaffirm commitment to fight climate change following Trump's limitations to climate actions
- Related companies: Alphabet Amazon.com Anheuser-Busch InBev Apple Best Buy General Electric Google (part of Alphabet) IKEA Levi Strauss Mars Microsoft Nestlé Procter & Gamble Walmart
7 telecommunications companies join Global Networks Initiative expanding global protection of freedom of expression & privacy rights
Author: Global Networks Initiative
"Global Network Initiative Adds Seven Companies in Milestone Expansion of Freedom of Expression and Privacy Initiative"...
Author: Mauricio Lazala, Deputy Director, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre, in World Economic Forum Agenda
"Civil rights are under attack. Here’s why the business world should care", 27 Mar 2017...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Microsoft S Group Tiffany
2017 Corporate Accountability Index evaluates 22 companies on their commitments to freedom of expression & privacy
Author: Ranking Digital Rights
"Ranking Digital Rights Corporate Accountability Index", 23 Mar 2017...