Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
2017 Corporate Accountability Index evaluates 22 companies on their commitments to freedom of expression & privacy
Author: Ranking Digital Rights
"Ranking Digital Rights Corporate Accountability Index", 23 Mar 2017...
Author: John Fallon, CEO of Pearson, in Fortune (USA)
...While government leaders work towards a political solution, business leaders have a valuable role to play not only through charitable activities, but through real investments. Last September, I visited the Za’atari refugee camp in the north of...
- Related stories: Access to work in Jordan & Lebanon for Syrian refugees, migrant workers & host populations
- Related companies: Chobani LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Microsoft Pearson
USA: UPS, Nestlé & Microsoft among govt. contractors questioned on human rights due diligence following involvement in travel ban restrictions
Author: NomoGaia (USA)
“Companies are Helping the US Government Keep Travelers Out: Is it Rights-Respectful?”, 17 Mar 2017...
- Related stories: Trump's second travel ban - how is business responding?
- Related companies: AT&T BAE Systems Bechtel CACI General Dynamics HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM L-3 Communications McKesson Microsoft Nestlé Northrop Grumman PAE (see Pacific Architects and Engineers) Raytheon Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) Sprint United Technologies UPS Verizon
Author: David Ingram, Thomson Reuters Foundation (USA)
“Apple, Google, Facebook skip legal challenge to new travel ban”, 15 Mar 2017...
India: Consulting & IT firms took the leap before Maternity Benefit Amendment Bill 2016 passed in Council of States
Ministry of labour is taking initiaves to support women workforce in both the government and private sector. The union government is set to increase the maternity leave for women employed in private firms from the existing 12 weeks to 26 weeks. Women...
Author: Amrita Mukherjee, Asia Times
In a landmark bill passed on March 9 in the Lok Sabha, lower house of the Indian Parliament, maternity leave for women in the organized sector has been increased from 12 weeks to 26...Although even before the bill was passed companies such as Airtel...
- Related stories: India: Consulting & IT firms took the leap before Maternity Benefit Amendment Bill 2016 passed in Council of States
- Related companies: Bharti Airtel Flipkart Microsoft
Cameroon: Access Now & local civil society urge telecommunications companies to restore internet access
Following government-ordered internet shutdowns targeting Anglophone regions of the country, Access Now and local NGOs urged telecommunications companies to restore internet access. We invited Orange, MTN and Nexttel/Viettel to respond. Orange's...