Headquarters in USA
BankTrack paper explores responsibilities of banks allegedly contributing to human rights violations through finance
In this briefing paper, BankTrack examines whether private sector banks may have contributed to adverse human rights impacts through their provision of finance. The paper explores eight cases of human rights abuses and the relationship and...
Author: Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley maintains a global environmental and social risk management framework to identify and assess a range of environmental and social issues that may be associated with proposed transactions across the firm’s business units. This risk...
- Related stories: BankTrack paper explores responsibilities of banks allegedly contributing to human rights violations through finance
- This is a response from the following companies: Morgan Stanley
Author: David Wei, We Mean Business
...[W]e are excited to introduce the Climate Policy Tracker, an online tool led by We Mean Business coalition partner BSR, which is intended to help businesses realize the immense benefits of embracing a low-carbon future by providing up-to-date...
Boston Common Asset Management & investor coalition call on world's largest banks to release more robust climate-related disclosure
Author: Lauren Compere, Huffington Post
"Making climate change banks' business", 19 September 2017...
Author: Fiona Harvey, The Guardian (UK)
Some of the world's top banks are continuing to lend tens of billions for extracting the most carbon-intensive fossil fuels, according to a report of top lenders [by Rainforest Action Network, Banktrack, Sierra Club, Oilchange International.]...The...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Agricultural Bank of China ANZ Bank Bank of America Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of Nova Scotia Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) China Construction Bank Citigroup Commonwealth Bank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Goldman Sachs HSBC Industrial & Commercial Bank of China ING Bank JPMorgan Chase Mizuho Financial Group Morgan Stanley National Australia Bank Natixis PNC Financial Services Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Santander SMBC Nikko Securities Société Générale Standard Chartered Toronto-Dominion Bank UBS UniCredit Bulbank Wells Fargo Westpac
25 American firms, including Apple, Facebook & Google urge Donald Trump not to pull out of Paris Agreement
Author: Miles Dilworth, The Independent (UK)
Twenty-five of the world's biggest corporations have made a last-minute pitch to President Donald Trump urging him not to reconsider plans to withdraw the United States from a landmark international agreement on climate change. Companies including...
- Related stories: USA to withdraw from Paris climate agreement
- Related companies: Adobe Systems Apple Blue Cross ExxonMobil Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Hewlett-Packard (see HP) Ingersoll-Rand Intel Levi Strauss Mars Microsoft Morgan Stanley National Grid PG&E Salesforce.com Schneider Electric Shell Tesla Motors Tiffany Unilever VF Corp Walmart
Author: Le Monde (France)
« Cher président Trump, nous faisons partie des plus grandes entreprises sises ou travaillant aux Etats-Unis, et nous vous encourageons fortement à maintenir les Etats-Unis dans l’accord de Paris sur le climat. » Dans une lettre ouverte adressée...
- Related stories: Retrait des Etats-Unis de l’accord de Paris: les grandes entreprises américaines critiquent la décision et réaffirment leur engagement en faveur du climat
- Related companies: Adobe Systems Alphabet Apple Blue Cross Facebook Gap Google (part of Alphabet) Hewlett-Packard (see HP) Ingersoll-Rand Intel Levi Strauss Mars Microsoft Morgan Stanley National Grid PG&E Salesforce.com Schneider Electric Tesla Motors Tiffany Unilever VF Corp