Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
IMF & World Bank launch platform to collaborate with developing countries on corporate tax avoidance
Author: Matti Kohonen, Christian Aid, on Bretton Woods Project
"World Bank and IMF: Where do they stand on progressive and responsible taxation?", 5 Aug 2016...
Peru: Campesina leader Maxima Acuña wins Goldman Environmental Prize; she had opposed mining firms including Newmont & Buenaventura taking over her community's lands
Author: Goldman Prize
A subsistence farmer in Peru’s northern highlands, Máxima Acuña stood up for her right to peacefully live off her own property, a plot of land sought by Newmont and Buenaventura Mining to develop the Conga gold and copper mine…Over the past two...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Buenaventura Minas Conga (joint venture Buenaventura & Newmont) Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont
Author: El Espectador
“Ganadora del Premio Goldman 2016: La campesina que venció a la gran minería en Perú”...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es
- Related companies: Buenaventura Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont
Peru: Calls on government to end, investigate abuses related to extractive firms’ operations, says Intl. Commission of Jurists’ report & videos
Author: Intl. Commission of Jurists
“Report, video: extractive companies, human rights and protests in Peru”...
- Related companies: Barrick Gold Buenaventura China Minmetals Doe Run (part of Renco) Glencore Grupo México Laconia Resources Laconia South America (part of Laconia Resources) Las Bambas (part of MMG) Minas Conga (joint venture Buenaventura & Newmont) Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) Newmont Pluspetrol Renco Southern Copper (part of Grupo México)
Newmont publishes sustainability report reflecting reporting obligations as an early adopter of UN Guiding Principles Reporting Framework
"Newmont Publishes 2015 Sustainability Report", 4 Apr 2016...
Community development agreements between natural resource firms & stakeholders - brief on good practices
Author: Jennifer Loutit, Jacqueline Mandelbaum and Sam Szoke-Burke, Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment (USA)
"Emerging Practices in Community Development Agreements", Feb. 2016...
New blog highlights EarthRights Intl.’s latest litigation tools to help communities affected by corporate human rights abuse
Author: Marco Simons, Zamira Djabarova & Tamara Morgenthau, EarthRights International
"Innovative Strategies for Supporting Communities' Demands for Accountability", 9 Mar 2016...