Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Deanna KEMP, John R OWEN, Business and Human Rights Journal, Volume 2, Issue 1
As indigenous peoples have sought recognition of their individual and collective rights, the topic of free prior and informed consent (FPIC) has been pushed to the forefront of debates about resource development…The relevance of FPIC to mining is...
Gabriel Resources' lawsuit against Romania highlights problems with investor-state dispute settlement & intl. trade deals, says report
Author: Corporate Europe Observatory
"Gold-digging through investor-state lawsuits. Canadian mining corporation sues to force Romanians to accept toxic Roşia Montană goldmine", 13 Feb 2017...
Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 13 firms
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre has invited 30 companies to respond to an open letter by Publish What You Pay coalitions and several of their member NGOs. The letter urges the 30 companies to issue statements in support of disclosure by...
Newmont response & statement on repeal of transparency regulations under US Dodd-Frank Act section 1504
Author: Newmont Mining (USA)
The Importance and Value of Revenue Transparency...
- Related stories: Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 7 firms
- This is a response from the following companies: Newmont
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: Red Muqui.org
“Relatora ONU advierte que uso de seguridad privada para agredir a Máxima Acuña es similar al caso Bertha Cáceres”...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es
- Related companies: Buenaventura Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont
Author: Fondo Acción Urgente para América Latina y el Caribe y otras ONG
“Alerta frente al incremento de agresiones y criminalización contra defensoras del territorio Iniciativa Colaborativa Mujeres, territorio y medio ambiente”, 4 de Octubre de 2016...
Peru: Independent fact-finding mission’s report on Newmont’s Yanacocha conflict with Chaupe family asks the company to provide steps to reach agreement
Revolve’s NGO researchers undertook a 18 months fact-finding mission on the land dispute between Máxima Acuña de Chaupe’s family and Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont & Buenaventura), including their mission report, which highlights the main...
Peru: Campesina leader Maxima Acuña allegedly attacked by mining firm's guards; includes company response
"Peru: Maxima Acuña and Partner Attacked by Mining Firm's Guards", 18 Sep 2016...
- Related stories: Intl. Human Rights Defenders Day: Role of business in protecting civic freedoms & human rights defenders Intl. Women Human Rights Defenders Day: A wake-up call for business & govt. to consult & protect women activists Perú: Denuncian nuevo ataque contra familia de Máxima Acuña, premio Goldman 2016. Incluye comentarios de Minera Yanacocha Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Buenaventura Minas Conga (joint venture Buenaventura & Newmont) Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont