Headquarters in USA
USA: UPS, Nestlé & Microsoft among govt. contractors questioned on human rights due diligence following involvement in travel ban restrictions
Author: NomoGaia (USA)
“Companies are Helping the US Government Keep Travelers Out: Is it Rights-Respectful?”, 17 Mar 2017...
- Related stories: Trump's second travel ban - how is business responding?
- Related companies: AT&T BAE Systems Bechtel CACI General Dynamics HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM L-3 Communications McKesson Microsoft Nestlé Northrop Grumman PAE (see Pacific Architects and Engineers) Raytheon Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) Sprint United Technologies UPS Verizon
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores show improvement of measures taken by companies for LGBT workers
"Private Military and Security Companies: Industry-Led Self-Regulatory Initiatives versus State-Led Containment Strategies"
Author: Raymond Saner, Centre on Conflict, Development and Peacebuilding
PMSCs have played an important role in war making and related security activities, and will most likely play an even larger role in the coming years. This Working Paper discusses the tensions between the PMSC industry, their client governments and...
"The 2015 DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity", Apr 2015...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie Accenture ADP Aetna Allstate Anthem AT&T BASF Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Cox Communications (part of Cox Enterprises) Cox Enterprises Cummins Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Eli Lilly Ernst & Young General Mills Hilton Worldwide IBM Johnson & Johnson Kaiser Permanente Kellogg KeyBank KPMG Kraft Foods Marriott MassMutual MasterCard Merck Monsanto New York Life Nielsen Northrop Grumman Novartis PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Prudential Financial Rockwell Collins Sodexo Target TD Bank (see Toronto-Dominion Bank) TIAA-CREF Time Warner Verizon Walt Disney Wells Fargo Wyndham
USA: 379 businesses & organizations submit statement to US Supreme Court in support of same-sex marriage
Global Policy Forum report on UN use of private military & security companies allegedly involved in human rights abuses
Global Policy Forum reports on UN use of private military & security companies allegedly involved in human rights abuses; responses by Askar Security, Delta Protection & G4S.
Organisers of world's largest arms fair in London accused of failing to stop promotion of equipment 'used in torture' (UK)
Author: Cahal Milmo, Independent (UK)
The organisers of one of the world’s largest arms fairs in London were...accused of failing to crack down on the sale of equipment that could could be used in torture after two exhibitors were found to be illegally marketing shackles and electric stun...
Author: We Divest
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited TIAA-CREF to respond. TIAA-CREF declined to respond] On...July 16th at TIAA-CREF offices in over a dozen cities...[in the USA], human rights advocates protested the retirement giant’s investments in...
Northrop Grumman did not respond to: Global Witness issues new call for more companies to clarify positions on conflict minerals lawsuit.
- Related in-depth areas: Company responses re lawsuit against SEC over final rule accompanying section 1502 of Dodd-Frank Act
- This is a non response from the following companies: Northrop Grumman