Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in France
Orange was a subsidiary of France Telecom from 2000 until Jul 2013, when all of France Telecom was renamed Orange.
7 telecommunications companies join Global Networks Initiative expanding global protection of freedom of expression & privacy rights
Author: Global Networks Initiative
"Global Network Initiative Adds Seven Companies in Milestone Expansion of Freedom of Expression and Privacy Initiative"...
2017 Corporate Accountability Index evaluates 22 companies on their commitments to freedom of expression & privacy
Author: Ranking Digital Rights
"Ranking Digital Rights Corporate Accountability Index", 23 Mar 2017...
Cameroon: Access Now & local civil society urge telecommunications companies to restore internet access
Following government-ordered internet shutdowns targeting Anglophone regions of the country, Access Now and local NGOs urged telecommunications companies to restore internet access. We invited Orange, MTN and Nexttel/Viettel to respond. Orange's...
Author: Orange (France)
The answer provided to Access Now since the shutdown is still active, under a clear demand from the Cameroon Telecom Ministry and Presidency:“Our Group operates in Cameroon through a subsidiary Orange Cameroun which complies with the local legislation...
- Related stories: Cameroon: Access Now & local civil society urge telecommunications companies to restore internet access Cameroun: Access Now et la société civile locale interpellent les entreprises de télécommunications pour le rétablissement d'internet
- This is a response from the following companies: Orange
Author: Charles Kazony, Fraternité Matin (Côte d'Ivoire)
"Développement : Deux villages bénéficient d’infrastructures socio-économiques de base", 5 mars 2017...
- Related companies: Orange
Vigeo Eiris releases new study assessing how 3000 companies worldwide address four key areas of human rights
The human rights responsibilities of business in a changing world - 23 February 2017...
Kenya: Govt. orders telecommunication companies to allow it to access data; move feared to compromise users privacy
Author: Edwin Okoth, Daily Nation (Kenya)
"Big Brother could start tapping your calls, texts from next week"...
Vigeo Eiris upgrades scores for Amazon, Expedia & Microsoft following legal actions by companies against travel ban
Author: Vigeo Eiris France
"Vigeo Eiris issues a positive alert on three US companies taking legal actions against President's anti-immigration decree ("Muslim ban")", 3rd Februrary 2017...
- Related stories: Trump's travel ban - how is business responding?
- Related companies: Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alphabet Amazon.com Expedia France Telecom (now Orange) Google (part of Alphabet) Microsoft Millicom Nokia Networks (part of Nokia) Orange Telefónica Telenor TeliaSonera Vigeo Eiris Vodafone