PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in China
PetroChina is the listed arm of state-owned China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC). It was created in November 1999 as part of the restructuring of CNPC.
Author: Alistair Osborne, Telegraph (UK)
Ineos has told workers it will close its Grangemouth petro-chemicals plant after they refused to sign up to a cost-cutting plan deemed vital for its survival...Grangemouth Petrochemicals chairman, told a meeting of about 700 workers at the Scottish...
Thousands of police, other steps silence protest against petrochemical plant in Chinese city [China]
Author: Associated Press
Hundreds of people - many wearing mouth masks - gathered in Kunming to protest a planned refinery project…owned by PetroChina…Residents say they are worried the plant would pollute the air and water, and question why the plant is being built in a...
- Related stories: China: Hundreds protest against PetroChina refinery project near Kunming over health concerns - includes PetroChina response
- Related companies: PetroChina
Author: Intl. Corporate Accountability Roundtable
On April 23rd, ICAR and the Human Rights Institute at Georgetown University Law Center hosted the UN Working Group (WG) on...[business &] human rights...as part of its country mission to the United States...ICAR invited leading representatives...
[R]ancid haze enveloping Beijing has turned the spotlight on the mainland's two largest oil companies…[A]nalysts say the oil companies' foot-dragging and disregard of environmental regulations underscore a critical challenge facing a toothless...
Author: Brian Spegele & Wayne Ma, Wall Street Journal
China's programs to cut emissions from coal-fired power plants…[have been] undermined by rapidly rising industrial output, such as coal-fueled steel production, and lagging fuel standards for China's ballooning numbers of cars and trucks…The problem...
Author: Argus Media
PetroChina has begun work on the Yunnan section of the Burma…-China gas pipeline…The project…extends to…15 prefectures and cities… [T]he project faces a threat from political tensions. Violence in Rakhine targeting the Muslim Royhinga population has...
Author: Investors Against Genocide
Despite the fact that JPMorgan Chase owns over a billion dollars worth of PetroChina, a company widely recognized as contributing to the genocide in Sudan, the company stated in its proxy statement issued yesterday that it opposes a shareholder...
- Related stories: Investors Against Genocide concerned by JPMorgan Chase proxy statement that opposes "genocide-free" investing proposal
- Related companies: JPMorgan Chase PetroChina
Author: Geert van Vliet et Géraud Magrin, CIRAD, pour l'Agence française de développement
[Le Centre de Ressources sur les Entreprises et les Droits de l'Homme a invité la CNPC à répondre à ce rapport. Sa réponse et disponible (seulement en chinois) dans le document ci-dessous.] Ce livre aborde les facteurs qui influencent la gestion...
- Related stories: Un nouveau livre analyse les facteurs qui influencent la gestion environnementale de la CNPC au Tchad
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: Areva Chevron China Development Bank China Exim China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) ConocoPhillips Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) EnCana ExxonMobil Greater Nile Petroleum Operating Company (GNPOC) PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Petronas Shell Sinopec Talisman Total
Author: Jason Paton, Bloomberg
ConocoPhillips and China National Offshore Oil Corp. will pay…$160 million to compensate Chinese fishermen for losses arising from oil leaks…The companies reached an agreement with the agriculture ministry to pay 1 billion yuan, Conoco...said...That’s...