NGOs urge Disney, Gap, Pepsi to stop US Chamber of Commerce participation given conflict with climate promises
A group of nearly 60 organizations are calling on Disney, Gap, and Pepsi to stop funding the US Chamber of Commerce, due to its position on climate change and public criticism of the Paris Agreement. In his speech announcing the decision to withdraw...
Author: Senators Sheldon Whitehouse and Elizabeth Warren
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce...wields the largest lobbying force on Capitol Hill...The biggest benefit the Chamber offers is to let companies say one thing and do another. For example, Pepsi has committed to fighting climate change by reducing...
25 American firms, including Apple, Facebook & Google urge Donald Trump not to pull out of Paris Agreement
Author: Miles Dilworth, The Independent (UK)
Twenty-five of the world's biggest corporations have made a last-minute pitch to President Donald Trump urging him not to reconsider plans to withdraw the United States from a landmark international agreement on climate change. Companies including...
- Related stories: USA to withdraw from Paris climate agreement
- Related companies: Adobe Systems Apple Blue Cross ExxonMobil Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Hewlett-Packard (see HP) Ingersoll-Rand Intel Levi Strauss Mars Microsoft Morgan Stanley National Grid PG&E Salesforce.com Schneider Electric Shell Tesla Motors Tiffany Unilever VF Corp Walmart
Author: Le Monde (France)
« Cher président Trump, nous faisons partie des plus grandes entreprises sises ou travaillant aux Etats-Unis, et nous vous encourageons fortement à maintenir les Etats-Unis dans l’accord de Paris sur le climat. » Dans une lettre ouverte adressée...
- Related stories: Retrait des Etats-Unis de l’accord de Paris: les grandes entreprises américaines critiquent la décision et réaffirment leur engagement en faveur du climat
- Related companies: Adobe Systems Alphabet Apple Blue Cross Facebook Gap Google (part of Alphabet) Hewlett-Packard (see HP) Ingersoll-Rand Intel Levi Strauss Mars Microsoft Morgan Stanley National Grid PG&E Salesforce.com Schneider Electric Tesla Motors Tiffany Unilever VF Corp
USA: 600+ investors & companies call on Trump administration to take action on climate change & low-carbon economy
Author: Daniel Brooksbank, Responsible Investor (UK)
“Top US investors and companies unite to promote low carbon future ahead of Trump inauguration”, 10 January 2017...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms Responsible public policy USA: Trump administration actions on business & human rights
- Related companies: adidas Adobe Systems Advanced Micro Devices Allianz Boston Common Asset Mgmt. DuPont Gap General Mills Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) Intel Johnson & Johnson Kellogg Levi Strauss Mars Mercy Investment Services Mondelēz International Monsanto Nike PG&E Staples Starbucks Unilever
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: Clean Energy Ministerial
"World’s Energy and Business Leaders Announce Actions to Accelerate Global Deployment of Technologies at Seventh Clean Energy Ministerial," 2 Jun 2016...
- Related stories: Business & state leaders discuss clean energy transition at 7th Clean Energy Ministerial
- Related companies: Apple Cummins Daikin Dentsu Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Honeywell Ingersoll-Rand Interface LG Chem MGM Resorts Microsoft PG&E Royal Philips Electronics Samsung Schneider Electric Tetra Pak (part of Tetra Laval) Toronto-Dominion Bank Wells Fargo
Author: Sara Sciammacco, Ceres
"100+ Companies Salute the Signing of the Paris Agreement and Call For Swift Action On Clean Power Plan", 20 Apr 2016...
Author: Peyton Fleming, Ceres
"Ceres and its Business Partners Applaud Historic International Climate Agreement in Paris"...
- Related stories: Civil society & business reactions to Paris climate agreement
- Related companies: Nike PG&E
Author: Elsa Wenzel, GreenBiz
Among hundreds of corporations backing COP21 climate actions, few are trekking to Paris, instead backing blockbuster commitments or coalitions to represent them…Here are some of the bulkiest groups…Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates is teaming up with...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: ABB Abengoa Alcoa Alibaba.com Alphabet Alstom Amazon.com Anglo American Apple AT&T Bank of America Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BP BT Calpine Clif Bar Coca-Cola Commerzbank Dow Chemical Eni Facebook General Mills General Motors Glencore Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Hershey Honda HP (Hewlett-Packard) IKEA Intel JPMorgan Chase Kellogg KPN LafargeHolcim Levi Strauss Mars McDonald's Microsoft Monsanto Morgan Stanley National Grid Nestlé Pemex PepsiCo PG&E Reed Elsevier Group Reliance Industries Repsol Rio Tinto Royal Philips Electronics Salesforce.com Saudi Aramco Schneider Electric Shell Siemens Starbucks Statoil Stonyfield Farm Suez Swiss Re Total Unilever UPS Virgin Group Wells Fargo Xerox