Related stories and components
Author: Ardea International
This report focuses on the jewellery sector. We have included eight of the major jewellers in the UK, namely the Signet Group (and the companies under its control, as listed in the table in this report), Tiffany & Co., Goldsmiths, Links, F. Hinds,...
- Related in-depth areas: Modern slavery
- Related companies: Boodle & Dunthorne Cartier (part of Richemont) De Beers Diarough Ernest Jones (part of Signet) Goldsmiths H.Samuel (part of Signet) Kay Jewelers (part of Signet) Leslie Davis (part of Signet) Newmont Richemont Rio Tinto Rosy Blue Signet Tiffany Zale (part of Signet)
Sierra Leone: Report finds investors failed to conduct human rights due diligence prior to exiting development project; incl. company comments
Swedwatch's report entitled 'No Business, no rights: Human rights impacts when land investments fail to include responsible exit strategies. The case of Addax Bioenergy in Sierra Leone', alleges that Swedish DFI Swedfund, and the Dutch equivalent FMO...
AML former subsidiary company taken to London court on behalf of 41 people from Sierra Leone over alleged company involvement in "deadly police crackdown" against workers in 2012
Author: Rebecca Ratcliffe, The Guardian (UK)
"Mining company accused over deadly police crackdown in Sierra Leone", 25 Oct 2017...
UK High Court hears evidence in lawsuit against African Minerals over alleged complicity in killings & eviction of villagers in Sierra Leone
Author: Rebecca Ratcliffe, Guardian (UK)
" Mining company accused over deadly police crackdown in Sierra Leone ", 26 Oct 2017...
In May 2016 the report "Land Grabbing and Human Rights: The Involvement of European Corporate and Financial Entities in Land Grabbing outside the European Union" was published on behalf of the European Parliament. The report examines cases of land...
"Des ONG manifestent à l'AG de Bolloré à Paris contre la pollution en Afrique et en Asie", 31 mai 2017...
- Related companies: Bolloré
Author: Vivek Maru, Namati, on Wired (USA)
"To stop the relentless march of climate change we must empower those most at risk", 21 Apr 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefing - Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This year’s Annual Briefing highlights the rising impunity of companies’ involvement in human rights abuse...Unscrupulous companies are increasingly targeting activists, using the justice system to hold them accountable, with repression and lawsuits. ...
- Related stories: New briefing on legal accountability: Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefings Latest Legal News
- Related companies: adidas Arcelor Mittal Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Chiquita ConocoPhillips DJ Houghton Dow Chemical Drummond Eternit (Switzerland) ExxonMobil Ford Kappes, Cassiday & Associates KiK Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LafargeHolcim Lahmeyer Mineral Commodities (MRC) Natural Fruit Nestlé Nevsun RWE Shell Socfin Tiffany Titan Cement Trafigura Beheer Union Carbide (part of Dow) Villaggio Mall Vinci
Over 1000 human rights defenders killed or harassed in 2016 – new report urges advocates to engage companies more effectively
Author: Front Line Defenders
"Annual Report on Human Rights Defenders at Risk in 2016", 3 Jan 2017...