Related stories and components
Australia: Report summarising findings of OECD National Contact Point independent review is published
Author: Independent reviewer, Alex Newton
The Australian Government has various legally binding commitments...relating to the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises (Guidelines)....
Author: Herbert Smith Freehills, Lexology
Long described as the "forgotten pillar" of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, the right to an effective remedy for all victims of human rights abuses received significant attention this week as over 2,000 businesses, government...
- Related stories: UN Forum 2017: Commentaries
Coalition of NGOs launch online platform tracking states' legal initiatives on corporate accountability & access to remedy
Author: ICAR, ECCJ, CORE Coalition, Above Ground and Public Eye
Australia: Minerals Council withdraws previous support for policies limiting advocacy by environmental organizations
Author: Michael Slezak, The Guardian (UK)
"Mining industry body retreats from hardline stance on charities", 27 Nov 2017...
- Related stories: Australia: BHP says it does not support limits on environmental groups' ability to engage in advocacy
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: BHP Billiton
Australia: Canstruct to contract with govt. to provide services to offshore detention centre on Nauru
Canstruct, an Australian civil engineering company, will reportedly contract with the Australian government to provide services at offshore detention facilities in Nauru. Media reports highlight the concerns raised by human rights groups that...
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Canstruct to respond to the media reports regarding Nauru; however, the company did not respond.
- Related stories: Australia: Canstruct to contract with govt. to provide services to offshore detention centre on Nauru
- This is a non response from the following companies: Canstruct
- Related stories: Australia: News Corp linked to Indonesian deforestation claims
- This is a non response from the following companies: News Corp Australia (part of News Corporation)