Related stories and components
New study examines the business drivers behind the exploitative recruitment of migrant labour for the Gulf construction industry
A new study released by the Centre for Business and Human Rights reveals the involvement of Gulf-based construction companies in the financial exploitation faced by migrant workers throughout the recruitment process. The report, "Making Workers Pay:...
Intl. Organisation of Employers condemns India's Jammu Chamber of Commerce over its threats to kill refugees
Author: Intl. Organisation of Employers (IOE)
IOE condemns outrageous statement by Jammu Chamber of Commerce and Industry, 25 April 2017...
India: Kashmir chambers & state govt. condemns Jammu Chamber's identify & kill campaign against Rohingya refugees
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Procter & Gamble
Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefing - Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This year’s Annual Briefing highlights the rising impunity of companies’ involvement in human rights abuse...Unscrupulous companies are increasingly targeting activists, using the justice system to hold them accountable, with repression and lawsuits. ...
- Related stories: New briefing on legal accountability: Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefings Latest Legal News
- Related companies: adidas Arcelor Mittal Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Chiquita ConocoPhillips DJ Houghton Dow Chemical Drummond Eternit (Switzerland) ExxonMobil Ford Kappes, Cassiday & Associates KiK Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LafargeHolcim Lahmeyer Mineral Commodities (MRC) Natural Fruit Nestlé Nevsun RWE Shell Socfin Tiffany Titan Cement Trafigura Beheer Union Carbide (part of Dow) Villaggio Mall Vinci
In photos: South Asia's hazardous ship graveyards - Indian and Bangladeshi workers facing precarious conditions
Author: Rodion Ebbighausen, DW (Germany)
4 Apr 2017...
India: Uttar Pradesh cracks down on acid sales as attacks continue to rise; acid throwing is a form of violent assault often directed towards women
Author: Asian Correspondent
“India: Crackdown on acid sales as attacks continue to rise”, 10 Apr 2017...
Author: Kashmir Life
Intensifying the campaign against the Rohingya Refugees and Bangladeshis living in Jammu, Jammu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JCCI) Friday threatened to launch “Identify and Kill” campaign against them to force them to leave Jammu and other areas...