Related stories and components
Global “race to the bottom” by companies avoiding taxes results in harm to public, says new Oxfam policy paper
Author: Juliet Perry, CNN
…According to the U.S. State Department the report is “the world’s most comprehensive resource of governmental anti-human trafficking efforts.” It rates 190 nations—up from last year’s 188… on how effectively governments are tackling the human...
- Related stories: US Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2016
Author: UN Working Group on business & human rights
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
Author: Nisha Varia, Human Rights Watch, on Womens News Network
European countries have taken a leadership role in setting up regional mechanisms to protect human rights. So it is a puzzle why some European countries are reticent to take a strong stand on improving global standards to prevent forced labour and...
Author: International Corporate Accountability Roundtable (ICAR) & Danish Institute for Human Rights (DIHR)
[M]any governments struggle to ensure that their duty to protect human rights translates into effective measures to ensure that businesses respect the rights of individuals, communities, and societies in practice…This duty extends to all organs of the...
[DOC] Opening presentation of Richard Howitt MEP, European Parliament Rapporteur on Corporate Social Responsibility
Author: Richard Howitt MEP
[This] session...enabl[es] us to discuss partnership between governments and business in promoting CSR...The fact [national] strategies [on CSR & the UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights] are produced, very often in conjunction...
Author: Intl. Civil Litigation and the Interest of the Public, Intl. Law Association
The draft resolution proposed by the Committee for adoption by the full house of the International Law Association is aimed at proposing Guidelines or best practices to address the private international law issues which often face national courts when...
- Related stories: Anvil Mining lawsuit (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Report on "Intl. civil litigation for human rights violations" Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Law firms
- Related companies: Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) China Minmetals Daimler Goodyear Rio Tinto Shell