Related stories and components
EU Fundamental Rights Agency finds civil society in all member states is facing increasing challenges
Author: European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (EU)
"Challenges facing civil society organisations working on human rights in the EU", 19 Jan 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Financial reporting by EU's biggest banks reveals tax avoidance, depriving poor countries of income, says Oxfam
Global “race to the bottom” by companies avoiding taxes results in harm to public, says new Oxfam policy paper
Coalition of civil society organizations calls on Socfin to disassociate from former country director's statement that accused govt. of surrendering its authority to NGOs; Socfin did not respond
Author: Human Rights Defenders Network Sierra Leone
"Shrinking Civil Society Space in Sierra Leone: Silencing Freedom of Expression", 7 Sep 2016...
- Related stories: Sierra Leone: NGOs denounce imprisonment of community members opposing Socfin plantations; includes company response
- Related companies: Socfin
Author: Emeline Cazi, Le Monde (France)
« LuxLeaks : prison avec sursis pour les lanceurs d'alerte français », 29 juin 2016...
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos sur les défenseurs des droits de l'homme Latest news on tax avoidance
- Related companies: PricewaterhouseCoopers
Luxembourg: Tribunal finds Luxleaks whistleblower guilty of theft & violation of professional secrecy laws
Author: Simon Bowers, Guardian (UK)
"LuxLeaks whistleblower avoids jail after guilty verdict", 29 Jun 2016...