Related stories and components
Author: Amnesty International
" Amnesty reveals alarming impact of online abuse against women ", 20 Nov 2017...
- Related companies: Twitter
Author: Auriane Kerbrat, Transportissimo (France)
« La Supply Chain ou le risque de l'esclavage moderne en Europe », 5 octobre 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
Author: Ana Maria Dima, Opendemocracy
"The other side of Europe: the exploitation of Romanian workers in the EU", 18 May 2017...
UK: Criminal groups supplying Sports Direct & major supermarkets convicted of modern slavery over exploitation of Polish migrant workers
Author: Felicity Lawrence, Guardian (UK)
"How Big Brands Including Sports Direct Unwittingly Used Slave Labour," 8 Aug 2017...
- Related stories: UK: Convictions of criminal groups for slavery offences reveal extent of modern-day slave trade
- Related in-depth areas: Forced labour & slavery Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Sports Direct
Phil Bloomer discusses the importance of business allies for human rights defenders in interview with Raoul Wallenberg Institute
Author: Malin Oud, Raoul Wallenberg Institute (Sweden)
"Human Rights Defenders Depend on Allies They Can Gain in Business", 4 Jul 2017...
- Related stories: Business, civic freedoms and human rights defenders: Which developments and ideas did we put in the spotlight?
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Axfood Betagro Group H&M
EU adopts new standards on endocrine disruptors; chemical industry says criteria will hit farmers without additional protection for health & environment
Author: Aleksandra Eriksson, EU Observer
European experts on Tuesday (4 July) endorsed a proposal by the European Commission on the scientific criteria to qualify what substances significantly alter the chemical balance in humans... [A]n EU system to classify them has been a long time in the...