Related stories and components
Author: Marina Fabre, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« Le patron de Barclays s’excuse d’avoir traqué un lanceur d’alerte », 12 mai 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos sur les défenseurs des droits de l'homme
- Related companies: Barclays
UK: Co-op releases modern slavery statement & calls on other companies to help victims back in employment
Author: Terry Slavin, Ethical Corporation
"Join us in fight against slavery, says Co-op" 10 May 2017...
Australia: World Trade Organization says restrictive packaging law is a legitimate public health measure in dispute related to trade & tobacco companies
Author: Tom Miles, Martinne Geller & John Stonestreet, Reuters
"Australia wins landmark WTO tobacco packaging case, reports", 5 May 2017...
Author: Rob Davies, The Guardian (UK)
"HMRC steps up inquiry into employment status of Hermes couriers", 3 May 2017...
"Menschenrechte in der Handel- und Investitionspolitik: Potentiale eines UN-Menschenrechtsabkomments zu transnationalen Konzernen und anderen Unternehmen", 20 Apr 2017...
Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefing - Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This year’s Annual Briefing highlights the rising impunity of companies’ involvement in human rights abuse...Unscrupulous companies are increasingly targeting activists, using the justice system to hold them accountable, with repression and lawsuits. ...
- Related stories: New briefing on legal accountability: Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefings Latest Legal News
- Related companies: adidas Arcelor Mittal Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Chiquita ConocoPhillips DJ Houghton Dow Chemical Drummond Eternit (Switzerland) ExxonMobil Ford Kappes, Cassiday & Associates KiK Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LafargeHolcim Lahmeyer Mineral Commodities (MRC) Natural Fruit Nestlé Nevsun RWE Shell Socfin Tiffany Titan Cement Trafigura Beheer Union Carbide (part of Dow) Villaggio Mall Vinci
Commentary: The Legal Case Map, a key resource for firms' human rights & modern slavery risk management
Author: Kristina Novak, Liberty Asia
"Innovative Tech Tools Changing Modern Slavery Risk Perception", 13 Apr 2017...
Report analyses modern slavery statements of 150 companies; incl. description of issues identified through due diligence
Author: Ergon Associates
"Modern Slavery statements: One year on"...
Author: The Telegraph, Jillian Ambrose
K firms are cautiously eying opportunities in Iran ahead of an expected $600bn boom in trade and infrastructure investment over the next ten years....
- Related stories: Responsible business in Iran