Royal Bank of Scotland
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Royal Bank of Scotland website
Author: Fiona Harvey, The Guardian (UK)
Some of the world's top banks are continuing to lend tens of billions for extracting the most carbon-intensive fossil fuels, according to a report of top lenders [by Rainforest Action Network, Banktrack, Sierra Club, Oilchange International.]...The...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Agricultural Bank of China ANZ Bank Bank of America Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of Nova Scotia Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) China Construction Bank Citigroup Commonwealth Bank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Goldman Sachs HSBC Industrial & Commercial Bank of China ING Bank JPMorgan Chase Mizuho Financial Group Morgan Stanley National Australia Bank Natixis PNC Financial Services Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Santander SMBC Nikko Securities Société Générale Standard Chartered Toronto-Dominion Bank UBS UniCredit Bulbank Wells Fargo Westpac
Banks loan billions to oil firms allegedly exporting low-grade fuel high in pollutants, says briefing
A new BankTrack briefing raises questions about how banks are conducting human rights due diligence. In response to research by Swiss NGO Public Eye accusing Switzerland-based oil trading companies of selling blends of low-grade fuel high in...
Financial reporting by EU's biggest banks reveals tax avoidance, depriving poor countries of income, says Oxfam
Author: Rob Davies, the Guardian
"Head of Google Europe apologises over ads on extremist content", 20 Mar 2017...
Thun Group of Banks releases new Discussion Paper on implications of UN Guiding Principles for corporate & investment banking; commentaries provided
The Thun Group of Banks's new Discussion Paper aims to gain further understanding of how the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights should be applied in the banking sector. ...
Report links financial sector to human rights abuses of asylum-seekers in Australia's offshore detention centres
Ferrovial could be liable for crimes against humanity over conditions in Australia’s refugee camps in Papua New Guinea; incl. company comments
Author: Ben Doherty & Patrick Kingsley, Guardian (UK)
"Refugee camp company in Australia 'liable for crimes against humanity'", 25 Jul 2016...
- Related stories: Report links financial sector to human rights abuses of asylum-seekers in Australia's offshore detention centres
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Banco Popular Banco Sabadell Bank of America Bankinter Barclays BBVA BNP Paribas Citigroup Crédit Agricole Deutsche Bank Ferrovial HSBC Intesa Sanpaolo JPMorgan Chase Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Mizuho Financial Group Morgan Stanley Royal Bank of Scotland Santander Société Générale
Author: David Hudson, Gay Star Business (UK)
"Burberry and Inditex join global business coalition pushing for LGBTI rights", 26 Feb 2016...
Amnesty Intl. report says UK's OECD National Contact Point is failing to hold companies to account over human rights abuses