Salesforce.com website: www.salesforce.com
B Team report highlights positive company actions to reach net-zero GHG emissions by 2050 & ensure a just transition
Author: The B Team
... The B Team companies working towards net-zero [emissions] are from a diverse set of industries... yet common challenges can be identified... [For example,] cleaning up an entire companies energy supply continues to be an immense challenge,...
New CEO activism: business leaders are defending rights by raising awareness & leveraging economic power
Author: Aaron K. Chatterji & Michael W. Toffel, Harvard Business Review (USA)
"The New CEO Activists", January 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and human rights - advances by business
- Related companies: 21st Century Fox Angie's List Apple CNBC (part of Comcast) Disney (see Walt Disney) Hobby Lobby IBM Lyft NBA Netflix New York Times Oracle Salesforce.com Twitter Under Armour
Salesforce.com study finds diverse, inclusive workplaces lead to more loyal customers, engaged employees - Salesforce equality programmes recognise diverse sexual & gender identities
Author: Ellen McGirt, Fortune (USA)
Salesforce’s Chief Equality Officer: Here’s How You Promote Diversity at Work, 13 July 2017...
- Related companies: Salesforce.com
USA: In lawsuit, 50 companies argue for legal protections against sexual orientation discrimination - make business case
Author: Erin Mulvaney, National Law Journal (USA)
50 Companies Tell Court Sexual Orientation Discrimination Is Bad For Business, 26 June 2017...
USA: 15 tech cos. speak up on transgender rights, urge governor of Texas not to pass "discriminatory" legislation
Author: Tom Regan, Engadget
"Apple, Facebook and Google condemn Texas transgender bill", 29 May 2017...
Author: Jonathan Shieber, techcrunch.com
Several investors have come out swinging against President Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris Climate Accord..."We should all agree that advanced energy technologies represent one of the biggest economic opportunities. To give that up is a...
25 American firms, including Apple, Facebook & Google urge Donald Trump not to pull out of Paris Agreement
Author: Miles Dilworth, The Independent (UK)
Twenty-five of the world's biggest corporations have made a last-minute pitch to President Donald Trump urging him not to reconsider plans to withdraw the United States from a landmark international agreement on climate change. Companies including...
- Related stories: USA to withdraw from Paris climate agreement
- Related companies: Adobe Systems Apple Blue Cross ExxonMobil Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Hewlett-Packard (see HP) Ingersoll-Rand Intel Levi Strauss Mars Microsoft Morgan Stanley National Grid PG&E Salesforce.com Schneider Electric Shell Tesla Motors Tiffany Unilever VF Corp Walmart
Author: Le Monde (France)
« Cher président Trump, nous faisons partie des plus grandes entreprises sises ou travaillant aux Etats-Unis, et nous vous encourageons fortement à maintenir les Etats-Unis dans l’accord de Paris sur le climat. » Dans une lettre ouverte adressée...
- Related stories: Retrait des Etats-Unis de l’accord de Paris: les grandes entreprises américaines critiquent la décision et réaffirment leur engagement en faveur du climat
- Related companies: Adobe Systems Alphabet Apple Blue Cross Facebook Gap Google (part of Alphabet) Hewlett-Packard (see HP) Ingersoll-Rand Intel Levi Strauss Mars Microsoft Morgan Stanley National Grid PG&E Salesforce.com Schneider Electric Tesla Motors Tiffany Unilever VF Corp
Author: Seth Fiegerman, CNN Money (USA)
"Tech companies condemn Trump's revised travel ban", 6 Mar 2017...
USA: Tesla Motors & SpaceX join amicus brief against Trump's travel ban signed by more than 100 co.s
Author: Corinne Reichert, ZDNet
“Elon Musk joins tech companies against Trump's travel ban”, 7 February 2017...