Construction & building materials
Explore categories within this category
- Heating & boilers
- Construction machinery & vehicles
- Building materials & equipment
- Air conditioning
Related stories and components
Author: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
"UNHCR consultations with refugees – The Jordan Compact, one year later, Understanding main challenges, analysis of the group discussions", 29 Jan 2017...
Author: Lucy AMIS, Business and Human Rights Journal, Volume 2, Issue 1
Mega-Sporting Events (MSEs) like the Olympics and FIFA World Cup inspire humanity and have the potential to promote human rights, including through job creation and urban regeneration. Yet for over a decade MSEs have been linked to a pattern of human...
(Photo credit: DHA photos)
USA: Over 100 workers in construction & service industry fired after joining "Day Without Immigrants" protests
Author: Daniel Politi, Slate (USA)
"Dozens Fired After Joining “Day Without Immigrants” Protests", 19 Feb 2017...
- Related stories: Trump's travel ban - how is business responding?
Author: Sally Hayden, Reuters (UK)
"British victims of modern slavery recount abuse in TV documentary", 31 Jan 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
New Zealand: Migrant workers widely exploited in horticulture, hospitality & other sectors, new study finds
(photo credit: University of Auckland)
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: IndustriALL Global Union, Building and Wood Workers' Intl. & European Federation of Building and Woodworkers
6 Dec 2016...
- Related stories: LafargeHolcim accused of labour rights abuses worldwide in global day of action organised by IndustriAll union federation
- Related companies: LafargeHolcim
Author: Maxime Bertrand, Radio Canada
«Des entreprises sensibles à la santé mentale de leurs employés», 14 octobre 2016...
- Related companies: Starbucks