Related stories and components
B Team report highlights positive company actions to reach net-zero GHG emissions by 2050 & ensure a just transition
Author: The B Team
... The B Team companies working towards net-zero [emissions] are from a diverse set of industries... yet common challenges can be identified... [For example,] cleaning up an entire companies energy supply continues to be an immense challenge,...
تعود قضية عمال لافارج الأردن لعدة سنوات مضت حينما انخفض الطلب على الإسمنت بشكل كبير إثر تغييرات في السوق المحلي. ومن أجل ضمان استمرارية العمل في الأردن مع تغييرات السوق، تم تعليق أحد خطوط الإنتاج في مصنع الراشدية عام 2010، وتوقيف جميع الأنشطة...
- Related stories: Jordan: Trade union criticizes Lafarge Jordan's restructuring plans to suspend 300 employees & revoke their retirement entitlements citing labour law violations
- This is a response from the following companies: Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LafargeHolcim
The labor case concerning employees in Lafarge Jordan dates back several years when changes in the local market led to significantly reduced demand for cement. In order to ensure the business in Jordan was sustainable in this new environment, one of...
- Related stories: Lafarge Jordan: Restructuring plans allegedly suspend 300 employees and revoke their retirement entitlements
- This is a response from the following companies: Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim)
Jordan: Trade union criticizes Lafarge Jordan's restructuring plans to suspend 300 employees & revoke their retirement entitlements citing labour law violations
In December 2017, the General Trade Union of Construction Workers in Jordan issued a statement regarding Lafarge Jordan's plans to suspend 300 employees. According to the Union, the company is seeking to revoke employee entitlements for early...
Indonesia: Cement giant sues Joko Prianto for forging signatures on petition rejecting company’s construction plan to ‘criminalize’ him
Author: The Jakarta Post
"Cement giant aiming to criminalize Kendeng farmer Joko Prianto, say supporters", 28 December 2017...
- Related companies: Semen Indonesia
France: Several former Lafarge executives under formal investigation as part of inquiry into alleged financing of terrorist groups in Syria
Author: Fraternité Matin (Côte d'Ivoire)
"Construction durable : Lafargeholcim organise un séminaire à l’endroit des journalistes", 3 décembre 2017...
- Related companies: LafargeHolcim
Norway: Watchdog to reveal list of companies world’s largest wealth fund should exclude due to climate concerns
Author: Sveinung Sleire, Bloomberg
"Norway's $1 Trillion Fund About to Get List of Climate Baddies," 26 October 2017...