Related stories and components
LafargeHolcim's CEO resigns following evidence of the company's indirect financing of armed groups in Syria
“French firm's CEO to quit amid claims of funding Syrian rebels”, 24 April 2017...
Uganda: LafargeHolcim urged to remediate for child labour in its subsidiary's supply chain; includes Hima Cement's response
A report by Bread for All & Twerwaneho Listeners' Club has called on LafargeHolcim to take responsibility for former child labourers who have been supplying raw materials to its Uganda subsidiary for over 10 years. In its response, Hima Cement has...
Uganda: LafargeHolcim urged to take responsibility for former child labourers supplying its subsidiary with raw materials
Author: Bread for All (Switzerland) & Twerwaneho Listeners' Club (Uganda)
"Child Labour in the Supply Chain of LafargeHolcim in Uganda: Unresolved Issues"...
- Related stories: Uganda: LafargeHolcim urged to remediate for child labour in its subsidiary's supply chain; includes Hima Cement's response
- Related companies: LafargeHolcim
Syria: Lafarge's internal investigation finds serious misjudgment & neglect in dealing with armed groups; CEO resigns
...Eric Olsen, Konzernchef von LafargeHolcim, wird den weltgrössten Zementkonzern am 15. Juli nach nur zwei Jahren an der Spitze verlassen, wie der Konzern am Montag mitteilte. Der Rücktritt erfolgt nach einer internen Untersuchung über Vorgänge bei...
Author: Nathalie Belhoste, Grenoble École de Management, dans The Conversation
« Le cas Lafarge dans le débat des présidentielles : entreprises et crimes contre l'humanité », 20 avril 2017...
Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefing - Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This year’s Annual Briefing highlights the rising impunity of companies’ involvement in human rights abuse...Unscrupulous companies are increasingly targeting activists, using the justice system to hold them accountable, with repression and lawsuits. ...
- Related stories: New briefing on legal accountability: Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefings Latest Legal News
- Related companies: adidas Arcelor Mittal Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Chiquita ConocoPhillips DJ Houghton Dow Chemical Drummond Eternit (Switzerland) ExxonMobil Ford Kappes, Cassiday & Associates KiK Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LafargeHolcim Lahmeyer Mineral Commodities (MRC) Natural Fruit Nestlé Nevsun RWE Shell Socfin Tiffany Titan Cement Trafigura Beheer Union Carbide (part of Dow) Villaggio Mall Vinci