Related stories and components
Author: Ardea International
This report focuses on the jewellery sector. We have included eight of the major jewellers in the UK, namely the Signet Group (and the companies under its control, as listed in the table in this report), Tiffany & Co., Goldsmiths, Links, F. Hinds,...
- Related in-depth areas: Modern slavery
- Related companies: Boodle & Dunthorne Cartier (part of Richemont) De Beers Diarough Ernest Jones (part of Signet) Goldsmiths H.Samuel (part of Signet) Kay Jewelers (part of Signet) Leslie Davis (part of Signet) Newmont Richemont Rio Tinto Rosy Blue Signet Tiffany Zale (part of Signet)
Myanmar: Cartier stops sourcing gemstones from country in response to campaign against "genocide gems"
Author: Philip Sherwell & Jon Ungoed-Thomas, The Times (UK)
"Taint of Burma's genocide gems", 10 Dec 2017...
- Related stories: Myanmar: Business & investor responses to the Rohingya crisis
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Bulgari Cartier (part of Richemont) Richemont Tiffany Van Cleef & Arpels (part of Richemont)
Author: Camille Dupire, Jordan Times
“Participating in this market helped me get exposure for my art, as not many people can come inside the camp to see it,” said Moayad, a 21-year-old Syrian artist who sold 10 of his paintings in the Winter Bazaar organised by UNHCR Jordan between...
Ranking corporate action on conflict minerals sourcing in Dem. Rep of Congo, new report by Enough Project
B Corp movement should further integrate human rights to achieve goal of transforming capitalism, say researchers
Author: Joanne Bauer & Elizabeth Umlas, Stanford Social Innovation Review
Do Benefit Corporations Respect Human Rights? Fall 2017...
Netherlands: Jewellers, technology firms, govt., labour & environmental groups sign agreement to improve human rights & environmental impacts in gold value chains
Author: Social and Economic Council of the Netherlands (SER)
Gold value chain cooperates for responsible gold, 19 Jun 2017...
Canada: Imports of “risky products” linked to child & forced labour are growing; majority of Canadians want more govt. action, new report finds
Author: World Vision Canada
Child labour and modern day slavery (forced labour) continue to plague the world in 2017. An estimated 85 million children suffer in dirty, dangerous and degrading work...This report, produced by World Vision Canada, exposes the risk of child and...
Author: UN Working Group on business & human rights
"Informal background note: Human rights defenders & civic space - the business & human rights dimension." 12 May 2017...
- Related stories: UN Working Group invites stakeholders to provide input re human rights defenders & civic space (due 1 Sept)
- Related in-depth areas: Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: adidas Tiffany