Related stories and components
UK: Church investment fund says it will refuse to reelect directors at firms over gender & climate change concerns
Author: Angela Monaghan, The Guardian (UK)
The Church Investors Group has warned some of Britain’s biggest companies it intends to take a hard line on executive pay, gender diversity and climate change over the forthcoming annual meeting season. The group, which represents church organisations...
This briefing provides a snapshot overview of allegations of human rights abuses brought against companies in the chemical industry. It was developed in collaboration with the UN Special Rapporteur on the implications for human rights of the...
USA: New York City files lawsuit against opioid manufacturers & distributors in relation to deadly epidemic
[Also refers to Cardinal Health, Cephalon, Endo, Watson]
Author: Ashifi Gogo, Sproxil (USA)
"The new age of CEO activism", 16 Jan 2018...
- Related stories: World Economic Forum Annual Meeting Davos 2018: Spotlight on business & human rights
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Merck Starbucks
Author: Desastre (México)
“Estas son las mejores empresas para trabajar si eres LGBT en México”, 6 de diciembre de 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Pasos positivos
- Related companies: Accenture American Express AT&T Banamex (part of Citigroup) Berkshire Hathaway Cinépolis CompuCom Dow Chemical Edelman EY (Ernst & Young) Ford General Electric Google México (part of Alphabet) Herman Miller IBM JPMorgan Chase Kellogg MasterCard Nielsen PayPal (part of eBay) Pemex PepsiCo Pfizer Procter & Gamble SAP Scotiabank Sodexo TE Connectivity The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Uber Unilever
USA: Multidistrict litigation will look into drug manufacturers & distributors' alleged contribution to opioid deaths
Author: Eric Heisig, cleveland.com (USA)
" Cleveland federal judge to hear dozens of lawsuits filed against Big Pharma nationwide ", 5 Dec 2017...
Author: Robert McCorquodale, Lise Smit, Stuart Neely and Robin Brooks, Business & Human Rights Journal
Author: Observatoire des Multinationales et Le Monde (France)
« Diabète : la santé publique coincée entre les lobbys du sucre et de la pharmacie », 22 novembre 2017...