Related stories and components
USA: Multidistrict litigation will look into drug manufacturers & distributors' alleged contribution to opioid deaths
Author: Eric Heisig, cleveland.com (USA)
" Cleveland federal judge to hear dozens of lawsuits filed against Big Pharma nationwide ", 5 Dec 2017...
Author: Robert McCorquodale, Lise Smit, Stuart Neely and Robin Brooks, Business & Human Rights Journal
Author: Observatoire des Multinationales et Le Monde (France)
« Diabète : la santé publique coincée entre les lobbys du sucre et de la pharmacie », 22 novembre 2017...
Author: Itamar Eichner, Ynetnews (Israel)
...30 Israeli companies and 60 international corporations operating in Israel received warning letters from United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights...cautioning them of their impending inclusion in a "blacklist" of companies active beyond...
- Related stories: UN creates database of companies operating in Israeli settlements in occupied West Bank & East Jerusalem
- Related companies: Africa Israel Ahava Airbnb Bank Hapoalim Bezeq Caterpillar Cellcom Israel Coca-Cola Egged Cooperative Elbit Systems HP (Hewlett-Packard) Leumi Matrix Mekorot Motorola Nesher Israel Cement Enterprises Netafim Shikun & Binui Teva Pharmaceutical TripAdvisor
Author: Corynne Cirille, Racked
As the nation’s largest lobbying group, the US Chamber...spent close to $104 million on lobbying in 2016... Over the years, intense public pressure forced many corporations to take a public stance on issues like climate change, equal pay, and...
- Related stories: NGOs urge Disney, Gap, Pepsi to stop US Chamber of Commerce participation given conflict with climate promises
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Apple Costco CVS DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Disney (see Walt Disney) Facebook Fox Entertainment (part of News Corporation) Gap General Mills Home Depot Johnson & Johnson Loews Merck Nike Nordstrom Pacific Gas & Electric (see PG&E) Starbucks Target Unilever Walt Disney
More than 300 companies commit to science based emission reduction targets to align operations with Paris Agreement goals
More than 300 companies, including 15 from the apparel sector, have committed to the Science Based Targets initiative that have set emission reduction targets consistent with global efforts to limit warming to well below 2 degrees Celsius.
Author: Andrew Crane, Genevieve LeBaron, Jean Allain & Laya Behbahani in Regulation & Governance
"Governance Gaps in Eradicating Forced Labor: From Global to Domestic Supply Chains," 6 September 2017...
New report highlights UN Sustainable Development Goals-related risks for businesses, recommends solutions
Author: Vaidehi Shah, Eco-Business (Singapore)
"Why failure to achieve the SDGs is bad news for business", 19 Sep 2017...