Related stories and components
USA: Workers at Trump Taj Mahal strike over living wages, health insurance, workloads causing injury risks
Author: Dave Jamieson, Huffington Post (USA)
"A Thousand Workers At The Trump Taj Mahal Are Still On Strike", 5 July 2016...
- Related companies: Icahn Enterprises
Author: Facing Finance
"Facing Finance Rejoinder to Deutsche Bank’s response on the report 'Banking on Unsafe Working Conditions - placing profits before protection of casino & hotel workers’ human rights in Deutsche Bank’s U.S. Supply Chain,'" Jun 2016...
Author: Deutsche Bank
Red Rock Resorts, Inc. recently completed its initial public offering. As a result of that transaction, German American Capital Corporation relinquished the governance rights with respect to Station Casinos that it had acquired when Station Casinos...
- Related stories: USA: Report alleges Deutsche Bank ignores exploitative labour in its portfolio’s hotels & casinos; company response & NGO rejoinder provided
- This is a response from the following companies: Deutsche Bank
Author: Clean Energy Ministerial
"World’s Energy and Business Leaders Announce Actions to Accelerate Global Deployment of Technologies at Seventh Clean Energy Ministerial," 2 Jun 2016...
- Related stories: Business & state leaders discuss clean energy transition at 7th Clean Energy Ministerial
- Related companies: Apple Cummins Daikin Dentsu Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Honeywell Ingersoll-Rand Interface LG Chem MGM Resorts Microsoft PG&E Royal Philips Electronics Samsung Schneider Electric Tetra Pak (part of Tetra Laval) Toronto-Dominion Bank Wells Fargo
Blog: Business & human rights courses will influence firms to fill governance gaps & not disregard societal impacts
Author: Caroline Kaeb and David Scheffer, Principles for Responsible Management Education, in Opinio Juris
"The Corporate Joust with Morality," 6 Jun 2016...
- Related companies: Alpha Natural Resources Angie's List Anthem Apple Bank of America Coca-Cola Cummins eBay Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook General Motors Massey Energy (part of Alpha Natural Resources) MasterCard McDonald's MGM Resorts Nissan PayPal (part of eBay) Roche Salesforce.com Sony Toyota Tyson Volkswagen Walmart
Author: Fatma E. Marouf Co-Director of the Immigration Clinic University of Nevada, Las Vegas William S. Boyd School of Law, Sameer M. Ashar, Irvine School of Law, Jennifer J. Rosenbaum, Yale Law School
This report examines working conditions for employees of Station Casinos LLC, which is the third largest private employer in Nevada.1 The report is based on interviews with 101 employees and raises serious human rights concerns related primarily to...
- Related stories: USA: Report alleges Deutsche Bank ignores exploitative labour in its portfolio’s hotels & casinos; company response & NGO rejoinder provided USA: Bericht zum Portfolio der Deutschen Bank - Vorwürfe zu ausbeuterischer Arbeit in Hotels & Kasinos in Las Vegas
- Related companies: Deutsche Bank
Laos: Rural communities & activists say large casinos developed by Chinese firms linked to forced evictions, companies comment
Author: Melinda Boh, Mekong Commons
"Laos Vegas: Rolling the dice on rural development", 31 Jan 2015...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese Investment Overseas