Explore categories within this category
Related stories and components
Indonesia: Activists protest against factory in Java due to pollution; seven protesters have been arrested for vandalism & defamation
Author: The Jakarta Post
A crowd of activists protested in front of the Energy Building...to demand that garment company PT Huddleston Indonesia, which occupies the 20th floor of the building, shut down operations of PT Rayon Utama Makmur (RUM) in Sukoharjo, Central Java....
The World Economic Forum & Nike: Emerging 'shared responsibility' & institutional control models for achieving a socially responsible global supply chain?
Author: Thomas A. Hemphill & George O. White III
"The World Economic Forum & Nike: Emerging ‘Shared Responsibility’ & Institutional Control Models for Achieving a Socially Responsible Global Supply Chain?," 15 April 2016...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (Volume 1, Issue 2)
- Related companies: Nike
Author: Ashifi Gogo, Sproxil (USA)
"The new age of CEO activism", 16 Jan 2018...
- Related stories: World Economic Forum Annual Meeting Davos 2018: Spotlight on business & human rights
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Merck Starbucks
Cambodia: Garment workers dispute research claiming more than half of workers live in good housing conditions
Author: Mom Kunthear, Khmer Times
"Garment worker housing survey disputed", 03 August 2017...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Procter & Gamble
Kenya: Unilever partnership to help small-scale tea farmers increase yields & diversify economic activities
Author: Agatha Ngotho, The Star (Nairobi)
"Tea farmers benefit from Sh140 million three-year project"...
- Related companies: Unilever
Author: The Moscow Times (Russia)
"Russian car plant workers take to the streets after months without pay", 30 August 2016...
India is home to the largest number of enslaved people in the world, with over 18 million people ...
Author: Fair Labor Association (USA)
Assessors conducting factory visits in Egypt for the FLA and its affiliated brands have recently detected a very common wage-related violation in Egypt’s free trade zones. Established in 1997, Egypt’s 10 free trade zones – where most large...
- Related in-depth areas: Labour rights