Media & publishing: General
Related stories and components
Author: Philippe Dam, Human Rights Watch
Turkey’s intensified crackdown on human rights and the rule of law has targeted business interests in the country too, and should ring alarm bells for European companies and investors. Business associations representing them should convey their...
- Related stories: Australia: News Corp linked to Indonesian deforestation claims
- This is a non response from the following companies: News Corp Australia (part of News Corporation)
Japan: Death of NHK employee made public after three years; cause of death attributed to overwork by Tokyo Labour Bureau
Author: Justin McCurry, The Guardian (UK)
"Japanese woman 'dies from overwork' after logging 159 hours of overtime in a month", 5 Oct 2017...
- Related stories: Japan: Gov't bill to allow overtime over 80 hrs/month "karoshi" line: reports
- Related companies: Dentsu NHK
A media report has linked News Corp Australia to allegations of deforestation and human rights abuses in Indonesia. Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited the company to respond - it did not. The original media report, which includes a...
...Le 16 octobre 2017, [l]a cour fédérale du district nord de la Californie, aux Etats-Unis, a rejeté l’ensemble de la poursuite intentée par l’exploitant forestier canadien contre plusieurs bureaux de Greenpeace ainsi que l’association Stand.earth et...
- Related stories: Etats-Unis : La justice rejette les poursuites intentées par Produits Forestiers Résolu contre Greenpeace
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques Dernières infos sur les défenseurs des droits de l'homme
- Related companies: Energy Transfer Partners Resolute Forest Products
Author: Corynne Cirille, Racked
As the nation’s largest lobbying group, the US Chamber...spent close to $104 million on lobbying in 2016... Over the years, intense public pressure forced many corporations to take a public stance on issues like climate change, equal pay, and...
- Related stories: NGOs urge Disney, Gap, Pepsi to stop US Chamber of Commerce participation given conflict with climate promises
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Apple Costco CVS DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Disney (see Walt Disney) Facebook Fox Entertainment (part of News Corporation) Gap General Mills Home Depot Johnson & Johnson Loews Merck Nike Nordstrom Pacific Gas & Electric (see PG&E) Starbucks Target Unilever Walt Disney
Global businesses can achieve social impact, better reputation & increase brand loyalty by including refugees, says report
Author: Cindy Huang et al., Center for Global Development (CGD)
"Global Business and Refugee Crises: A Framework for Sustainable Engagement," September 2017...