Related stories and components
Author: Ardea International
This report focuses on the jewellery sector. We have included eight of the major jewellers in the UK, namely the Signet Group (and the companies under its control, as listed in the table in this report), Tiffany & Co., Goldsmiths, Links, F. Hinds,...
- Related in-depth areas: Modern slavery
- Related companies: Boodle & Dunthorne Cartier (part of Richemont) De Beers Diarough Ernest Jones (part of Signet) Goldsmiths H.Samuel (part of Signet) Kay Jewelers (part of Signet) Leslie Davis (part of Signet) Newmont Richemont Rio Tinto Rosy Blue Signet Tiffany Zale (part of Signet)
Myanmar: Cartier stops sourcing gemstones from country in response to campaign against "genocide gems"
Author: Philip Sherwell & Jon Ungoed-Thomas, The Times (UK)
"Taint of Burma's genocide gems", 10 Dec 2017...
- Related stories: Myanmar: Business & investor responses to the Rohingya crisis
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Bulgari Cartier (part of Richemont) Richemont Tiffany Van Cleef & Arpels (part of Richemont)
Author: Ricardo Senra, BBC Brasil em Washington (UK/Brazil)
"Brasileiros presos no Zimbábue em missão humanitária são soltos após julgamento-Após quase 24 horas detidos em uma prisão de Mutare, no Zimbábue, três brasileiros foram liberados depois de um julgamento no tribunal local de pequenas causas, que foi...
- Related in-depth areas: Defensores/as de direitos humanos Últimas notícias sobre defensores/as de direitos humanos
Author: Golda Benjamin & Bobbie Sta. Maria, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Half a million Rohingya refugees have fled Rakhine State in Myanmar in the last five weeks, leading to immense humanitarian challenges... in Bangladesh. [W]e have received... queries from members of the business community on their perceived role in...
- Related stories: Myanmar: Businesses increasingly expressing and urged to voice concern over situation in Rakhine state
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Leber Jeweler Telenor Unilever
Zimbabwe: "Government bilateral investment deals should not leave communities poorer", says BHRRC researcher
Author: Ngonidzashe Dapira, The Eastern Times (Zimabwe)
‘Government bilateral investment deals should not leave communities poorer’, 6 Sept 2017...
Zimbabwe: New report by Global Witness critical of the role of Zimbabwe's political elites & security sector in "disappearing Marange diamonds"; says international diamond companies complicit
Global Witness has released a new report which uncovered new evidence that reveals how Zimbabwe’s Central Intelligence Organisation (CIO), the military, notorious smugglers, and political elites, all allegedly gained control or ownership of companies...
Myanmar: Leber Jeweler condemns ethnic cleansing against Rohingya people; encourages cos. to follow suit
Author: Brian Leber, Leber Jeweler (USA)
- Related stories: Myanmar: Businesses increasingly expressing concern over situation in Rakhine state
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Leber Jeweler
Author: Gemma Parellada, El Pais
"Angola se prepara para a saída de presidente Dos Santos depois de quase quatro décadas-O presidente, no poder desde 1979, deixa o cargo depois das eleições desta quarta-feira", 25 de agosto de 2017...