Related stories and components
Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefing - Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This year’s Annual Briefing highlights the rising impunity of companies’ involvement in human rights abuse...Unscrupulous companies are increasingly targeting activists, using the justice system to hold them accountable, with repression and lawsuits. ...
- Related stories: New briefing on legal accountability: Corporate impunity is common & remedy for victims is rare
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefings Latest Legal News
- Related companies: adidas Arcelor Mittal Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Chiquita ConocoPhillips DJ Houghton Dow Chemical Drummond Eternit (Switzerland) ExxonMobil Ford Kappes, Cassiday & Associates KiK Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LafargeHolcim Lahmeyer Mineral Commodities (MRC) Natural Fruit Nestlé Nevsun RWE Shell Socfin Tiffany Titan Cement Trafigura Beheer Union Carbide (part of Dow) Villaggio Mall Vinci
Communities say situation in Marange has not improved since ZCDC took over diamond mining activities
Author: Joy Mabenge & Karen Hudlet (BHRRC) and Nyaradzo Mutonhori & Tafadzwa Dhlakama (ZELA)
"Diamonds are not all girls' best friends", 3 April 2017...
Author: Mauricio Lazala, Deputy Director, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre, in World Economic Forum Agenda
"Civil rights are under attack. Here’s why the business world should care", 27 Mar 2017...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Microsoft S Group Tiffany
So. Africa: Alternative Mining Indaba calls for domestication of Africa Mining Vision; communities impacted by mining say govts. must do more to protect them
The Economic Justice Network of the Fellowship of Christian Councils in Southern Africa (EJN of FOCCISA), in collaboration with the Zimbabwe Environmental Lawyers Association (ZELA), Publish What You Pay (PWYP), Norwegian Church Aid (NCA), South...
Dem. Rep. of Congo: Swedwatch calls for urgent revision of Kimberley Process to address widespread child labour in diamond supply chains
Swedwatch calls in its report for an urgent revision of the Kimberley Process to address widespread child labour in diamond supply chains. ...
USA: Leber Jeweler calls on all companies to commit to human rights & environment, opposes Trump's exec. order
Author: Brian Leber, CEO of Leber Jeweler Inc.
For many years Leber Jeweler Inc has stood up to dictatorships and oppressors throughout the world. From Angola to Zimbabwe, the Taliban to the Tatmadaw. For our work, we encountered obstacles and navigated threats to our personal safety, yet remained...
DRC: Swedwatch calls for urgent revision of Kimberley Process to address widespread child labour in diamond supply chain
“Childhood lost: Diamond mining in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and weaknesses of the Kimberley Process”, 21 December 2016...
Angola: Maka Angola denounces alleged torture of miners by Bikuar security guards; the company, Sociedade Mineira do Cuango and ITM Mining deny the accusations
- Related stories: Angola: Maka Angola denuncia alegações de tortura de garimpeiros por seguranças da Bikuari; a empresa, a Sociedade Mineira do Cuango e ITM Mining negam as acusações
- This is a non response from the following companies: Endiama (Empresa Nacional de Diamantes de Angola)