Explore categories within this category
Related stories and components
Thailand: Govt. prepares to defend suspension of Australian-owned gold mining operation at intl. arbitration; says order is to protect environment & residents' health
Author: The Nation
"Govt prepares to defend gold mine" 31 December 2017...
India: Despite reports on child deaths in mica mines, new investigations find company initiatives failing to have any tangible action on the ground
Author: Nita Bhalla, Thomson Reuters Foundation, India
"In search of sparkle: is corporate inaction on mica condemning Indian children to death?" 19 December 2017...
- Related stories: India: Investigations highlight child labour, debt bondage & illegal operations in mica mines
- Related companies: Estée Lauder L'Oreal Merck
India: Delhi Solidarity Group report finds “violation of safety norms” and “tearing hurry” at power unit as key reasons behind Nov 2017 blast
Author: Indian Express
"Safety norms violation led to NTPC Unchahar tragedy: Report," 10 December 2017...
- Related stories: India: Blast at National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) coal plant in Raebareli killed 29
- Related companies: National Thermal Power Corporation NTPC
Author: Saleh Al Shaibany, The National (UAE)
"Three killed as heavy rains lash Oman", 17 December 2017...
TCI Sanmar Chemicals' response regarding a worker strike protesting safety and environmental conditions
Author: TCI Sanmar Chemicals
...As previously explained in our letter dated 9 August 2017, we stress that TCI Sanmar has established and maintains...state of the art facilities ensuring that it is in full compliance with the highest international standards of environment...
- Related stories: TCI Sanmar in Egypt: Safety hazards and environmental risks مصر: اتهام مصنع تي سي اي سنمار بتعريض عماله لغازات سامة وتلويث قناة السويس
- This is a response from the following companies: TCI Sanmar Chemicals (Sanmar Group)
Author: Times of India
"48,000 die due to occupational accidents yearly: Study", 20 November 2017...
Uganda: Govt. agency to probe Maguye Sugar Factory for allegedly mistreating workers, including harsh working conditions
Author: Prisca Baike, The Observer (Uganda)
"State agency plans probe into abuse of workers"...
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights defenders
Author: Afkar Abdullah, Khaleej Times (UAE)
“55 Sharjah workers treated after inhaling gas in workplace leak”, 1 November 2017...
Thailand: Locals allege Akara’s gold mine tailing storage leaked into canals & paddy fields emitting bad smell that irritated people’s respiratory tracts
Author: Pratch Rujivanarom, The Nation
"Locals point to severe water pollution near Akara gold mine", 19 November 2017...
India: Petition calls on IFC to improve treatment of workers in tea plantations, as investigation report identifies persisting problems
Author: Human Rights Watch
"World Bank: Few Improvements on India’s Tea Plantations", 6 Nov 2017...
- Related companies: APPL (Amlgamated Plantations Private)