Related stories and components
Author: Jacqueline Williams, New York Times
"Australia Debates: Does a Warming Planet Really Need More Coal?", 14 October 2017...
Author: Cida de Oliveira, Rede Brasil Atual-RBA (Brazil)
"Em cima da hora, Justiça impede audiência pública sobre termoelétrica em Peruíbe-Suspensão do debate, que faz parte do processo de licenciamento, favorece movimento contra a instalação da usina altamente poluente dentro de um santuário ecológico no...
Author: Govt. of Chile
“National Action Plan on Business and Human Rights Chile”...
- Related stories: Chile launches National Action Plan on Business & Human Rights
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on National Action Plans National Action Plans
- Related companies: Codelco Enap
UK: Intl. Transport Workers’ Federation supports seafarers in 3 cases of abandonment by Turkish Voda Shipping, claim conditions "close to modern day slavery"
The ITF (International Transport Workers’ Federation) has 'successfully supported the crew in three ship abandonment cases in UK waters that show a culture close to modern day slavery in some parts of the shipping industry'. The ITF alleges that...
Voda Shipping did not respond re allegations of modern slavery cases of ship abandonment in UK waters
- Related stories: UK: Intl. Transport Workers’ Federation supports seafarers in 3 cases of abandonment by Turkish Voda Shipping, claim conditions "close to modern day slavery"
- This is a non response from the following companies: Voda Shipping
Kenya: Lamu island locals say LAPSSET port & transport mega-project negatively impacting livelihoods & cultural life
Author: Charles Lwanga, Daily Nation (Kenya)
"LAPSSET project distorts Lamu Island heritage, court told"...