Shipping, ship-building & ship-scrapping
Related stories and components
Shipping co. convicted for sailing ships to scrap yards in So.Asia; where demolition endangers workers' lives & pollutes environment, according to Dutch court
"Dutch shippers sentenced for having ships demolished on Indian beach", 15 Mar 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
EU climate foreign policy statement highlights human rights, gender equality, role of local communities & non-state actors, incl. private sector
Author: Council of the European Union
"Council Conclusions on Climate Diplomacy", 26 February 2018...
Author: Container Management
Norway’s central bank has excluded Evergreen Marine from one of its two sovereign wealth funds, citing the Taiwanese company’s vessel scrapping practices as causing “serious human rights violations and severe environmental damage”......
- Related stories: Norway: Oil fund to exclude co's due to environmental & human rights risks
- Related in-depth areas: Maritime Industry and Human Rights: Shipbreaking
- Related companies: Evergreen Group Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM)
Norwegian wealth fund to exclude co's over recruitment practices that violate workers' rights in the Middle East
Author: Camilla Knudsen, Reuters
"Norway's wealth fund may blacklist firms over recruitment practices", 9 Jan 2018...
UK: Company sued for severe worker injuries in ship-breaking yard in Bangladesh following vessel sale
Author: Jacqueline Williams, New York Times
"Australia Debates: Does a Warming Planet Really Need More Coal?", 14 October 2017...
UK: Intl. Transport Workers’ Federation supports seafarers in 3 cases of abandonment by Turkish Voda Shipping, claim conditions "close to modern day slavery"
The ITF (International Transport Workers’ Federation) has 'successfully supported the crew in three ship abandonment cases in UK waters that show a culture close to modern day slavery in some parts of the shipping industry'. The ITF alleges that...
Voda Shipping did not respond re allegations of modern slavery cases of ship abandonment in UK waters
- Related stories: UK: Intl. Transport Workers’ Federation supports seafarers in 3 cases of abandonment by Turkish Voda Shipping, claim conditions "close to modern day slavery"
- This is a non response from the following companies: Voda Shipping