Internet & social media
Related stories and components
Google discusses commitment to be 100% renewable-powered & need for increased renewable energy in Asia
Author: Robin Hicks, Eco-Business
“Google wants Asia to get serious about renewable energy”, 1 Nov 2017...
New report calls on internet cos. to do more to fight terrorist incitement & disinformation in line with responsibility to uphold human rights
Author: NYU Stern Center for Business and Human Rights & World Economic Forum
"Harmful Content: The Role of Internet Platform Companies in Fighting Terrorist Incitement and Politically Motivated Disinformation", Nov 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Alphabet AT&T Bing (part of Microsoft) Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Jigsaw (part of Robinson Webster Holdings) Johnson & Johnson LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Microsoft PepsiCo Robinson Webster Signal International Skype (part of Microsoft) Twitter Walmart Whatsapp (part of Facebook) YouTube (part of Alphabet)
Techonomy Media urges tech giants to increase internet transparency for the benefit of civil society
Author: Ann Babe, Techonomy
“The Internet Under Attack Is Civil Society Under Attack”, 7 Nov 2017...
Author: Le Monde (France)
« Harcèlement sexuel : Twitter s’apprête à durcir ses règles », 18 octobre 2017...
- Related companies: Twitter
Author: Tanya Dua, Business Insider
"Dove's 'racist' ad might have cost the brand an advantage it spent 13 years building", 9 Oct 2017...
- Related companies: Unilever
USA: 76 companies ask Supreme Court clarity on whether law banning sex discrimination at work protects LGBT employees
Author: Daniel Wiessner, Reuters
"Microsoft, Apple among companies urging U.S. Supreme Court to weigh gay workers' rights", 11 Oct 2017...
Global businesses can achieve social impact, better reputation & increase brand loyalty by including refugees, says report
Author: Cindy Huang et al., Center for Global Development (CGD)
"Global Business and Refugee Crises: A Framework for Sustainable Engagement," September 2017...
Author: Jean-Cosme Delaloye, Tribune de Genève (Suisse)
« Le Forum de Davos étudie la parité dans le monde du travail », 22 septembre 2017...
- Related companies: Go Daddy