Technology, telecom & electronics
Related stories and components
USA: 76 companies ask Supreme Court clarity on whether law banning sex discrimination at work protects LGBT employees
Author: Daniel Wiessner, Reuters
"Microsoft, Apple among companies urging U.S. Supreme Court to weigh gay workers' rights", 11 Oct 2017...
Mexico: Civil society demands transparency & action regarding factory that collapsed during earthquake
Author: Kate Hodal and Peter Bengtsen, The Guardian (UK)
“Chinese factory supplying major laptop brands accused of student labour abuses” 6 October 2017...
Kenya: Safaricom says it has improved gender equality at workplace but gaps remain in employing minorities & persons with disabilities
Author: Safaricom (Kenya)
"Leaving No One Behind: Safaricom Sustainability Report 2017...
- Related companies: Safaricom
Commentary: New model programme gives construction industry 8 pathways to achieve best practice in addressing slavery in supply chains
Author: Dr Shamir Ghumra, Ethical Corporation
"Opinion: 'We Can Tackle Modern Slavery in the Construction Industry,'" 25 September 2017...
- Related companies: HP (Hewlett-Packard)
Author: Corynne Cirille, Racked
As the nation’s largest lobbying group, the US Chamber...spent close to $104 million on lobbying in 2016... Over the years, intense public pressure forced many corporations to take a public stance on issues like climate change, equal pay, and...
- Related stories: NGOs urge Disney, Gap, Pepsi to stop US Chamber of Commerce participation given conflict with climate promises
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Apple Costco CVS DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Disney (see Walt Disney) Facebook Fox Entertainment (part of News Corporation) Gap General Mills Home Depot Johnson & Johnson Loews Merck Nike Nordstrom Pacific Gas & Electric (see PG&E) Starbucks Target Unilever Walt Disney
USA: Supreme Court to hear business & human rights cases, incl. sexual orientation discrimination & workers’ rights
Author: Adam Liptak, New York Times (USA)
"Back at Full Strength, Supreme Court Faces a Momentous Term", 1 Oct 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News