Related stories and components
Au Gabon, la société civile commence à réagir dans l'affaire Veolia-Etat gabonais. Jeudi, l'ONG Croissance saine environnement (CSE) a commenté, lors d'une conférence de presse, les affirmations du gouvernement gabonais qui accuse Veolia d'avoir...
- Related stories: Le Gabon accuse Veolia de pollution suite à la rupture de leur contrat; l'entreprise s'en défend
- Related companies: Veolia Water (part of Veolia Environnement)
Kenya: Activists blame EU after indigenous herder is killed during forced eviction for climate change project
The European Union has been accused of a fatally slow response to human rights warnings after the killing of an indigenous man at one of the projects it funds. The herder was reportedly shot by the Kenya Forest Service during a forced eviction for the...
Kenya: UN experts call for respect of indigenous peoples' rights in implementing EU-funded climate change mitigation project
Author: John H. Knox, Michel Forst & Victoria Tauli-Corpuz (UN Special Rapporteurs)
“Indigenous rights must be respected during Kenya climate change project, say UN experts"...
- Related stories: Kenya: Activists blame EU after indigenous herder is killed during forced eviction for EU-funded climate change project
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change Land Rights & Displacements
Kenya: Residents protest against water project; say they were not consulted & informed of its impacts
Author: Angwenyi Gichana & Alvin Ratemo, The Star (Kenya)
"Nyamira residents protest against Sh5bn water project"...
Kenya: Sengwer indigenous community say eviction to pave way for water project will compromise their livelihood
Author: Joseph Muraya, Capital News(Nairobi)
"Forest is our ancestral land, Sengwer community say resisting eviction"...
- Related in-depth areas: Land Rights & Displacements
Malawi: How community-led activism prompted banks to withdraw from funding Lilongwe Water Project due to potential negative impact on livelihoods
Author: John Mwebe & Prekshar Kumar, in OpenGlobalRights
"Using community-led activism and public opinion to stop harmful development"...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders