Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Starbucks website: http://www.starbucks.com
CEOs & corporations expected to increasingly quickly figure out where they stand on issues of the day
Author: Aaron K. Chatterji, New York Times (USA)
"Our Newest Culture Warriors: Activist C.E.O.s," 2 Mar 2018...
Author: Ashifi Gogo, Sproxil (USA)
"The new age of CEO activism", 16 Jan 2018...
- Related stories: World Economic Forum Annual Meeting Davos 2018: Spotlight on business & human rights
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Merck Starbucks
Author: Charles Radcliffe, Office of the High Commissionner for Human Rights & Caroline Vagneron, GLOBE, World Bank Group
"How businesses can support LGBTI rights in countries that oppose them", 26 Sep 2017...
Author: Corynne Cirille, Racked
As the nation’s largest lobbying group, the US Chamber...spent close to $104 million on lobbying in 2016... Over the years, intense public pressure forced many corporations to take a public stance on issues like climate change, equal pay, and...
- Related stories: NGOs urge Disney, Gap, Pepsi to stop US Chamber of Commerce participation given conflict with climate promises
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Apple Costco CVS DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Disney (see Walt Disney) Facebook Fox Entertainment (part of News Corporation) Gap General Mills Home Depot Johnson & Johnson Loews Merck Nike Nordstrom Pacific Gas & Electric (see PG&E) Starbucks Target Unilever Walt Disney
Global businesses can achieve social impact, better reputation & increase brand loyalty by including refugees, says report
Author: Cindy Huang et al., Center for Global Development (CGD)
"Global Business and Refugee Crises: A Framework for Sustainable Engagement," September 2017...
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland Bunge Campbell Soup Coca-Cola Costco Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dr Pepper Snapple Group General Mills Hershey Hormel International Paper Kellogg Kraft Heinz McDonald's Molson Coors Mondelēz International PepsiCo Pilgrim's (part of JBS) Reckitt Benckiser SJM Starbucks Tyson Walmart Wendy's WestRock YUM!
Starbucks CEO's support for LGBTQ rights faces opposition from some Indonesian & Malaysian Muslim groups
"Muslim Groups in Malaysia, Indonesia Boycott Starbucks Over LGBTQ Support," 06 July 2017...
- Related companies: Starbucks
John Ruggie analyses power of multinational firms - aims to bridge gap between voluntary & binding approaches
Author: John Ruggie, Harvard University, Regulation & Governance (Australia)
"Multinationals as global institution: Power, authority and relative autonomy", 27 June 2017...
- Related companies: Alphabet Apple British American Tobacco Coca-Cola ExxonMobil General Electric Google (part of Alphabet) Microsoft Novartis Occidental Petroleum Philip Morris International Reynolds American RJ Reynolds (part of Reynolds American) Shell Sinopec Starbucks Statoil Total Toyota Unilever Walt Disney
Author: Sara Spary, BuzzFeed
"Starbucks Will Hire 2,500 Refugees To Work In Its European Coffee Shops Despite Backlash", 20 Jun 2017...
- Related stories: World Refugee Day 2017: Companies take action in support of rights
- Related companies: Starbucks