Headquarters in USA
Target website: http://www.target.com
Author: Erica Barnett, In These Times
A partial list of companies that have worked within the prison system, directly employed prison workers, or contracted with companies that employ prison workers, either currently or in the past: Allstate, Best Western, Dell Computer, Eddie Bauer,...
Author: Michael Rubin, Global Exchange website
[update regarding 3 lawsuits filed on behalf of thousands of workers who are currently working and formerly worked on the island of Saipan - 19 companies have settled; the following companies have not settled: GAP, Abercrombie and Fitch, Dayton Hudson...
Saipan judge certifies suit as class action: Ruling in dispute over garment factories a rebuff to Gap, Levi
Author: Jenny Strasburg, San Francisco Chronicle
...Defendants opposing the settlement included more than a dozen Saipan factory owners and nine retailers: Lane Bryant, the Limited, Abercrombie & Fitch, Target, J.C. Penney, and Talbots, in addition to Gap and Levi...However, with Munson's class...
- Related stories: U.S. apparel cos. lawsuit (re Saipan) U.S. court rules Saipan garment workers can sue U.S. retailers as a class over sweatshop issues (Gap, J.C. Penney, Target, Lane Bryant, the Limited, Abercrombie & Fitch, Talbots, Levi Strauss)
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Calvin Klein (part of Phillips-Van Heusen) Gap Levi Strauss Liz Claiborne Nordstrom Phillips-Van Heusen Polo Ralph Lauren Sears Target Tommy Hilfiger (part of Phillips-Van Heusen)
Author: Aaron Glantz, CorpWatch
[report on working conditions in Jordan's Qualified Industrial Zones] -...more than 40 thousand workers, toiling in more than 60 factories producing solely for the US market [including Target, Wal-Mart, JC Penny]
Author: Esther de Haan (SOMO), Michael Koen, Ntokozo Mthembu (Workers College)
The research in Malawi was conducted in August 2003 in Blantyre and Lilongwe by SOMO and the Workers College. In depth interviews were held with managers of the various companies as well as relevant stakeholders...focus groups were held with workers. ...
Author: Human Rights Watch
- Related stories: El Salvador: Human Rights Watch report on widespread abuse of labour rights
- Related companies: Cherokee Dress Barn Foot Locker J.C. Penney Kahn Lucas Lancaster Kellwood Kmart (part of Sears) Koret (part of Kellwood) Leslie Fay Liz Claiborne Perry Manufacturing Rio Grande Foods Tainan Enterprises Target Walmart
Author: Human Rights Watch
- Related stories: El Salvador: Informe de Human Rights Watch sobre abusos laborales generalizados
- Related companies: Cherokee Dress Barn Foot Locker J.C. Penney Kahn Lucas Lancaster Kellwood Kmart (part of Sears) Koret (part of Kellwood) Leslie Fay Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Perry Manufacturing Rio Grande Foods Tainan Enterprises Target Walmart
[se refiere a Victoria's Secret, Cherokee, Sears, Kmart, Nien Hsing, Esquel, Li & Fung, Makalot, Gap, Abercrombie & Fitch, Tommy Hilfiger, Hennes & Mauritz, Zara (parte de Inditex), Induyco (parte de El Corte Inglés), Explorer, No...
- Related stories: Intermón Oxfam: Dos informes sobre los derechos laborales de las mujeres en el mercado global
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Ahold Delhaize ASDA (part of Walmart) Carrefour Cherokee Costco El Corte Inglés Gap H&M Inditex Induyco (part of El Corte Inglés) Kmart (part of Sears) Kroger Li & Fung Makalot Metro Group Migros Nien Hsing Sears Taco Bell (part of YUM!) Target Tesco Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Toys R Us Victoria's Secret (part of Limited Brands) Walmart YUM! Zara (part of Inditex)