Headquarters in United Kingdom
EU competition laws fail to take into account the effects Bayer-Monsanto merger could have on environment, public health & food security
Author: David Burrows, EU Observer
Mega-mergers in the food and farming sector have become commonplace, but EU competition laws do little to help commissioners keep check on the impact this could have on the environment, public health, and food security... 12 months ago [...] news...
Author: Ethical Performance
Four large companies have signed up to the Leadership Group for Responsible Recruitment, an international business alliance campaigning to eliminate fees imposed on applicants when they take jobs. The group, which sees the charging of employees as a...
Business human rights responsibility for refugees & migrant workers: Turning policies into practice in the Middle East
Author: Samentha Goethals, Joseph Bardwell, Mariam Bhacker, & Bahaa Ezzelarab, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre in Business & Human Rights Journal
...Our focus in this piece is to consider how companies have been implementing their human rights responsibility to address the risks and challenges faced by refugees and migrant workers in the Middle East, a region that is currently experiencing...
- Related in-depth areas: Construction firms & migrant workers in Qatar and UAE Syrian refugees: Abuse & exploitation in Turkish garment factories
- Related companies: Al Balagh Trading & Contracting Al Jaber Group Arcadia Group ASOS Associated British Foods BAM International (part of Royal BAM) Burberry C&A Esprit FIFA Gap Gerry Weber H&M HBK Contracting Company Inditex J&P Avax SA J.C. Penney Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) KiK Larsen & Toubro LC Waikiki Lidl Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mexx (part of Liz Claiborne) Midmac Mothercare New Look New Yorker Next OHL Otto Porr Primark (part of Associated British Foods) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Royal BAM s.Oliver Sainsbury's SuperGroup Tchibo Tesco VF Corp Walmart White Stuff
Author: Marie Reynolds, The Climate Group
The L'OCCITANE Group is the latest big name to join The Climate Group and CDP's RE100 campaign, committing to transition to 100% renewables globally, with an interim goal of 80% by 2020...The natural cosmetics company was already aiming to reduce its...
- Related stories: Re100 campaign calls on companies to get 100% of their electricity from renewables sources of energy
- Related companies: eBay L'Occitane en Provence Lego Tesco
Philippines: Sein Together garment factory union alleges violation of right to organise; Tesco, one of reported buyers, responds
Partido Manggagawa alleges in this report that Sein Together International violated its workers' right to organise through acts of harassment and management interference. The factory reportedly company supplies garments to Tesco....
Tesco sent the following response:...
- Related stories: Philippines: Sein Together garment factory union alleges violation of right to organize; Tesco, reportedly one of the buyers, responds
- This is a response from the following companies: Tesco
Author: Michelle Russell & Ben Wright, just-style (UK)
“Rana Plaza four years on – Timelines of change”, 21 Apr 2017...
- Related stories: 4 years on from Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh - some progress but a lot still to be done
- Related companies: adidas Associated British Foods Auchan Benetton C&A Esprit Gap H&M Inditex KiK Levi Strauss Marks & Spencer Matalan Nike Otto Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Tesco VF Corp Walmart