Headquarters in USA
Author: Max Opray, The Guardian (UK)
As countries the world over legislate to phase out petrol and diesel cars, attention is turning to the environmental impact of mining the materials needed for electric vehicle batteries. This additional scrutiny has largely focused on ethical concerns...
Author: Peter Holley, Toronto Star
"Elon Musk backs call for global ban on killer robots: 'These can be weapons of terror.'" 22 August 2017...
Author: L'Obs (France)
« Après Charlottesville, le puissant PDG de Merck renonce à conseiller Donald Trump », 15 août 2017...
- Related stories: Etats-Unis : Des PDG réagissent contre les mouvements suprémacistes et néo-nazis, dénoncent l’ambivalence du Président Trump Merck, Intel, Under Armour, Alliance for American Manufacturing & AFL-CIO resign from manufacturing council following President Trump's response to white supremacist violence in Charlottesville
- Related companies: Goldman Sachs Intel Merck Tesla Motors Under Armour Unilever Walt Disney
Author: Ben McLellan, The Conversation
People are excited about batteries, from electric cars to Tesla’s 129 megawatt-hour energy storage project in South Australia. But one important issue is often overlooked: the raw materials needed to build this technology – where they come from and...
- Related stories: Electro-mobility & resource governance: NGOs urge carmakers to take responsibility for social & environmental costs of electric vehicles
- Related companies: Tesla Motors
Group representing $6.2 trillion of the US economy says they're 'still in' the Paris climate agreement
Author: Madeleine Sheehan Perkins, Business Insider
A coalition of US economic, education, and local government leaders...will continue to abide by the Paris agreement regardless of America's withdrawal, forming the We Are Still In movement. The coalition represents 120 million Americans and $6.2...
Author: L'Obs (France)
« Climat : Tesla, Disney... Les grands patrons américains prêts à défier Trump », 2 juin 2017...
- Related stories: Retrait des Etats-Unis de l’accord de Paris: les grandes entreprises américaines critiquent la décision et réaffirment leur engagement en faveur du climat
- Related companies: Business Roundtable Chevron ExxonMobil General Electric General Motors Goldman Sachs Tesla Motors Walt Disney
Author: Dominic Rushe, The Guardian (UK)
Two of the US's biggest business leaders, Tesla founder Elon Musk and Disney's Robert Iger, have quit Trump's high-powered business advisory panel after the president pressed ahead with plans to pull out of the Paris climate accord...The two...