TNT (part of TPG)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands
TNT website: www.tnt.com
Author: Onrec (UK)
everywoman...welcomes the Women’s Business Council’s report launched today (Tuesday, 4 June 2012), outlining recommendations to Government aimed at increasing the role women play in business and the workplace. Karen Gill, co-founder of everywoman,...
Author: Ncholas Kalungi, Monitor [Uganda]
Private postal operators have questioned the...Uganda Communications Regulatory Authority Bill, arguing that it will...threaten clients’ rights and freedoms...One article in this bill gives the director general of the regulatory authority powers to...
Author: María Prandi, Juan Andrés Cano y Daniel Arenas, Escola de Cultura de Pau, Instituto de Innovación Social, Universidad de Barcelona [España]
¿Cómo coordinar mejor la colaboración de las empresas en las crisis humanitarias? ¿Cuáles son los retos y los dilemas para las empresas, los Gobiernos, las ONG y las organizaciones internacionales? ¿Dónde deben establecer las empresas los límites...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre conflicto y paz
- Related companies: BBVA Bovis Lend Lease Coca-Cola Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) EDP (Energias de Portugal) Ericsson Google (part of Alphabet) HP (Hewlett-Packard) La Caixa Land Rover (part of Tata) Microsoft Nike PWC Logistics Royal Caribbean Cruises Skype (part of Microsoft) Tata Group TNT (part of TPG) TPG UPS Vodafone
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
These are examples of significant company contributions, not a comprehensive list...Donations...Other initiatives
- Related companies: ABC (part of Walt Disney) Alcatel-Lucent Best Buy British Airways Cargill Deutsche Telekom France Telecom (now Orange) General Mills HSBC Kenya Commercial Bank Lufthansa Orange PepsiCo Procter & Gamble Safaricom Singapore Airlines T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) TNT (part of TPG) Total TPG UPS Verizon Virgin Atlantic (joint venture Virgin Group & Singapore Airlines) Virgin Group Walt Disney
Author: TNT Express, Post & Parcel
TNT Express Saudi Arabia [part of TPG] has been awarded the SA8000…certificate, in response to its standard of working conditions and labour relations. The award was issued…after auditors visited TNT Express offices and warehouses at Jeddah and...
Author: UN Special Representative on business & human rights John Ruggie
The Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary-General for business and human rights has identified instances of applications of the U.N. “Protect, Respect and Remedy” Framework, in whole or in part, as a resource for those looking for...
- Related in-depth areas: Draft Guiding Principles UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barclays Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata) Chevron Citigroup Eni ExxonMobil General Electric Goldcorp Nestlé Phillips-Van Heusen Shell TNT (part of TPG) TPG Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata)
Author: NautaDutilh law firm
The Guiding Principles do not intend to impose new legal obligations, but instead aim to elaborate on the implications of existing standards and practices...and to integrate them within a single, logically coherent and comprehensive template. Still,.....
Author: Global Compact Network Netherlands
Society is increasingly concerned about how business activities have impacts on human rights...[F]or many companies it remains a challenge to embed human rights in their day-to-day operations...[In 2008, the UN General Assembly] unanimously endorsed...
- Related stories: Global Compact Network Netherlands announcement of publication on how to do business with respect for human rights (launched Jun 2010)
- Related companies: Air France KLM Akzo Nobel Fortis KLM (part of Air France KLM) Rabobank Randstad Royal Philips Electronics Shell TNT (part of TPG) TPG Unilever
Author: Elizabeth Umlas, commissioned by Realizing Rights, Global Reporting Initiative, UN Global Compact
This independent analysis, based on a review of 57 recent sustainability reports from companies representing a range of industry sectors, presents examples of encouraging trends in human rights reporting, as well as indications of key areas where...
- Related stories: 2 new reports on corporate human rights reporting (by UN Global Compact, Realizing Rights, GRI)
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Abertis Ahold Air France KLM American Airlines Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) BAE Systems Bancaja Banesto Barclays BASF Bavaria (part of SABMiller) BG Group BP British American Tobacco British Land Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Campbell Soup Cemex China Mobile Coca-Cola CVS Delhaize Dow Chemical Enbridge Ford GlaxoSmithKline H&M HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hydro-Québec Marathon Oil Migros Mondi (part of Anglo American) Nestlé Newmont Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) OMV Procter & Gamble Repsol YPF Roche Starbucks Strauss Talisman Tata Group Telefónica TNT (part of TPG) TPG United Technologies Walt Disney Waste Management Wipro