1. Tools & guidance
"Doing business with respect for human rights: Communicating performance", Global Compact Network Netherlands, Oxfam, Shift, Nov 2016
UN Guiding Principles Reporting Framework,Shift & Mazars, Feb 2015
Corporate Human Rights Benchmark to rank top 100 FTSE companies on their human rights performance, Aviva Investors, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre, Calvert Investments, Vigeo-Eiris, Institute for Human Rights and Business, Nordea Wealth Management, & VBDO, to be launched Mar 2017
Below are selected examples of and commentaries on company human rights reports. For more examples, see references to reporting on our Company Action Platform and Myanmar Foreign Investment Tracking Project as well as the Resource Centre’s general section on Company reporting.
Related stories and components
[PDF] Evidence of Corporate Disclosure relevant to the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
This research was conducted to inform understanding of how companies currently report on their human rights performance, and how this maps against the UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights. The research reviewed corporate disclosure of...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs Reporting
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Associated British Foods Aviva Barclays BHP Billiton BMW BP Carrefour Chiquita Citigroup Coca-Cola Ericsson Ford Gap GlaxoSmithKline H&M Henkel Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) L'Oreal McDonald's Merck Microsoft Nestlé Nike Nokia Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) PepsiCo Procter & Gamble PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Randgold Rio Tinto Royal Philips Electronics SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Shell Société Générale Starbucks Timberland (part of VF Corp) Total Unilever VF Corp Vodafone
We are incorporating principles contained in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Labour Organisation’s (ILO) core Conventions into a new Unilever Human Rights statement and aligning our internal Respect, Dignity & Fair...
Shift reviews Gap's social & environmental responsibility report & offers insights based on UN Guiding Principles
In 2013, Gap Inc. asked Shift to review our Social & Environmental Responsibility report and offer reflections on the implications of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (Guiding Principles) for Gap Inc.’s efforts to respect...
In its Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility report 2012, Ericsson… describes in detail Ericsson's Technology for Good projects and the milestones achieved in 2012. Connect To Learn, the global education initiative, has now been launched at 33...
- Related stories: Ericsson actualiza código de ética conforme a los Principios Rectores de la ONU sobre empresas y derechos humanos
- Related in-depth areas: Reporting
Why human rights matter: a resource guide for integrating human rights into Communities and Social Performance work at Rio Tinto
Author: Rio Tinto, in partnership with Centre for Social Responsibility in Mining (CSRM), Sustainable Minerals Institute at The University of Queensland
We know that our decisions and actions, whether inadvertent or deliberate, can result in adverse human impacts. We also recognise that respecting human rights is a continual process which we will always strive to improve. We are determined to be...
- Related stories: Rio Tinto guide on "integrating human rights into communities & social performance work"
- Related in-depth areas: Africa Africa Americas Americas Apparel & footwear Business tools and guidance Community engagement Company-based grievance mechanisms Conflict & peace Discrimination Displacement Europe & Central Asia Europe & Central Asia Health Human rights due diligence Human rights impact assessments Implementation within supply chains Indigenous peoples Labour Mining National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs) Reporting Supply chain Training Women Применение компаниями
- Related companies: Kelian Equatorial Mining (part of Rio Tinto) Rio Tinto Rio Tinto Alcan (part of Rio Tinto)
Author: Conflict Risk Network
Conflict Risk Network and the 21 undersigned institutional investors, asset owners and asset managers...are pleased to submit to the State Department...comment[s] on the “Reporting Requirements on Responsible Investment in Burma”...We welcome these...
- Related stories: Conflict Risk Network, US investors & asset managers support US reporting requirements on responsible investment in Burma Total lawsuit in Belgium (re Myanmar) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Conflict & peace Latest news on conflict & peace Latest news on freedom of association Myanmar Reporting UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Related companies: Blue Coat Chevron Costco Danske Bank Morgan Stanley Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) Tiffany Total Unocal (part of Chevron) Walmart
Author: Global Reporting Initiative
In GRI’s Knowledge Share Project, Ford Motor Company discussed the importance and challenges of reporting their human rights performance. In this brief excerpt, Ford assess the importance of human rights for their organization and how this affects...