Intl. Criminal Court
Related stories and components
"Camboya: Examen preliminar de la CPI solicitado por crímenes derivados del acaparamiento masivo de tierras", 7 Oct 2014...
Author: Megha Bahree, in Forbes Asia
...Cambodian citizens [have filed a complaint] at the Hague against a group of politicians, security chiefs and business tycoons, alleging that a systematic and sustained land grab by them amounts to a crime against humanity that needs to be tried at...
Author: Alejandro Teitelbaum
Recently there has been a new initiative to establish binding international standards for transnational corporations… It must be absolutely clear that a draft Treaty must ineludibly contain, among other things…1) Recognition of the obligation of TNCs...
Author: Nadia Bernaz (Middlesex University), Rights as Usual
The annual International Criminal Court Summer School at the National University of Ireland (Galway) will take place on 16-20 June 2014...Participants are provided with a detailed working knowledge of the establishment of the Court, its structures and...
Author: Claes Cronstedt, Rachel Chambers, Adrienne Margolis, David Rönnegard, Robert C. Thompson, Katherine Tyler
We have come together to work towards the ultimate goal of the creation of an international arbitration tribunal on business and human rights...The Tribunal, while unaffiliated with any governmental organization, would maintain a roster of highly...
- Related stories: Daimler lawsuit (re Argentina) L4BB calls for comments on proposal for intl. tribunal on corporate liability for human rights abuses Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Proposals for Intl. Tribunal on corporate liability for human rights abuses
- Related companies: Daimler Shell
Author: Hasan Dindjer, Rights Watch (UK)
Pillage is a war crime...[and] is both a serious breach of the laws of war...and, as resource-fuelled wars across the world attest, one that sustains some particularly brutal conflicts...[H]ow can corporations that buy pillaged resources themselves be...
- Related stories: Argor-Heraeus investigation (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) NGO analyses how companies buying pillaged resources can be held legally accountable
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Argor-Heraeus
Author: Pablo Fajardo Mendoza & Eduardo Bernabé Toledo
[Full text of the communication to Mrs. Fatou Bensouda, Prosecutor, Office of the Prosecutor, ICC]
Author: Nadia Bernaz (Middlesex University), on Rights as Usual
Three NGOs, the Open Society Justice Initiative, Conflict Awareness Project and TRIAL (Track Impunity Always) have joined forced to advance the fight against the looting of natural resources in conflict zones. The “Stop Pillage” Campaign…seeks to hold...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News