UN Human Rights Council
On 15 March 2006 the UN General Assembly voted to replace the UN Commission on Human Rights with the UN Human Rights Council
Related stories and components
South Korea: The new Olympics human rights requirements should encourage South Korea to grant amnesty to unfairly jailed trade unionists
Author: Minky Worden, The Washington Post
"South Korea should honor its Olympics workers by releasing jailed labor leaders", 12 February 2018...
Front Line Defenders report highlights killings of 312 human rights defenders in 2017, underlining the role of business
Author: Front Line Defenders (Ireland)
"Annual Report on Human Rights Defenders at Risk 2017", 3 Jan 2018...
Ecuador & Venezuela: UN Expert says progress on social & economic rights should be acknowledged, but more needs to be done on civil & political rights
Author: UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
“Ecuador and Venezuela: Rights expert urges greater cooperation with UN”...
Author: Consejería Presidencial de Derechos Humanos Colombia
“Colombia protagoniza diálogo sobre construcción de paz en el Foro de Naciones Unidas sobre Empresas y Derechos Humanos 2017” - 29 de noviembre de 2017...
- Related stories: Foro de la ONU sobre Empresas y Derechos Humanos 2017 - resúmenes de eventos
- Related in-depth areas: Annual UN Forum on Business and Human Rights
Peru: United Nations’ Universal Periodic Review to address impacts by companies in local communities
Author: Peru Support Group
“Universal Periodic Review - Peru session (8 November)” - 19 November 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on National Action Plans
Re: Resolution on the Israeli Settlements in the Occupied Palestinian Territory, including East Jerusalem, and in the occupied Syrian Golan
Author: Access Now; Center for Constitutional Rights; Centre for Research on Multinational Corporations (SOMO); CORE; Corporate Accountability Lab; FIDH (International Federation for Human Rights); International Corporate Accountability Roundtable (ICAR); Project on Organizing, Development, Education, and Research (PODER)
...The undersigned organizations represent national and international civil society organizations specializing in business and human rights. We write concerning the Resolution…request[ing] the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights…to...
25 de octubre de 2017...
Author: Itamar Eichner, Ynetnews (Israel)
...30 Israeli companies and 60 international corporations operating in Israel received warning letters from United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights...cautioning them of their impending inclusion in a "blacklist" of companies active beyond...
- Related stories: UN creates database of companies operating in Israeli settlements in occupied West Bank & East Jerusalem
- Related companies: Africa Israel Ahava Airbnb Bank Hapoalim Bezeq Caterpillar Cellcom Israel Coca-Cola Egged Cooperative Elbit Systems HP (Hewlett-Packard) Leumi Matrix Mekorot Motorola Nesher Israel Cement Enterprises Netafim Shikun & Binui Teva Pharmaceutical TripAdvisor