Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands, United Kingdom
"The confederacy of conscience keepers" - A critical look at the UN Forum on Business & Human Rights
Author: Sudeep Chakrabarti, Livemint
Over 14-16 November in Geneva, several hundred UN bureaucrats, lawyers, representatives of major corporations and human rights practitioners will gather at the fifth edition of the UN Forum on Business and Human Rights. They will deliberate on this...
Author: Concepcion Alvarez, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« Climat : Un accord historique sur l’élimination des très polluants gaz HFC », 17 octobre 2016...
Author: Thomson Reuters (UK)
Thomson Reuters Launches D&I Index - Reveals Top 100 Most Diverse & Inclusive Organizations Globally...
- Related companies: 3M ABB Abbott Laboratories Abengoa Accenture Acciona Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Allianz Assicurazioni Generali Avon Ayala Bank of Montreal BASF Baxter International Bayer BMW BNP Paribas Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco CA Technologies Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canon Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox Colgate-Palmolive CSL Daiichi Sankyo Daimler Danone Deutsche Post Diageo Dior (part of LVMH) Dow Chemical DuPont EDF EDP (Energias de Portugal) Eli Lilly Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Ferrovial Fletcher Construction Foschini Gap Henkel Hormel HP (Hewlett-Packard) Infosys ING Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Kao Kering Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) L'Oreal LVMH Macy's Medtronic Merck Michelin Microsoft Morgan Stanley Natura Nedbank Nestlé Nokia Novartis Procter & Gamble PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Qantas Airways Roche Samsung Shiseido Société Générale Telefónica Telekom Malaysia Telstra Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters UBS Unilever Xerox YUM!
Author: Madeleine Cuff, Business Green
"Businesses join world leaders in push for stricter regulation of toxic greenhouse gases," 23 September 2016...
- Related stories: As govts. agree to amend Montreal Protocol & limit high-emission gas, businesses search for alternative technology Climate Week NYC: Businesses & govts. convene to discuss the transition to a low carbon future
- Related in-depth areas: Adaptation Mitigation
- Related companies: Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Microsoft Nike Unilever
Author: Mark P. Lagon and Katharine Nasielski, Freedom House
"Why Corporations Should Learn to Love Civic Activists", 23 Aug 2016...
We have thoroughly reviewed the Global Witness Report, titled “Hostile Takeover: The corporate empire of Cambodia’s ruling family”, and remain committed to ensuring that our operations in Cambodia are fully aligned to Unilever’s Code of Business...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Global Witness report maps corporate interests of Prime Minister’s family; warns intl. firms against doing business with entities linked to corruption & rights abuses
- This is a response from the following companies: Unilever
Author: Peyton Fleming, Ceres
"Symantec, Levi Strauss & Co., Mars, Dignity Health, and Autodesk Join Dozens of Companies Supporting California’s Sweeping Climate Change Bills," 25 Aug 2015...
India: Working conditions improved at Rainforest Alliance certified tea estates but more to be done, concludes a report
Author: Glocal Research & India Committee of the Netherlands
"Certified Unilever Tea – A Cup Half Empty : Follow-up study on working conditions in Rainforest Alliance certified tea plantations in India", August 2016...
- Related companies: Unilever