Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands, United Kingdom
Poor, marginalised communities face land threats from mining, infrastructure, renewable energy - secure tenure rights urgently needed
Author: Rights and Resources Initiative (USA)
From Risk and Conflict to Peace and Prosperity - The Urgency of securing Community Land Rights in a Turbulent World, Feb. 2017...
Author: Ben & Jerry's
“It’s Time to Stand Up and Stand Together”, 29 January 2017...
Responsible Recruitment Gateway: Tools for companies to help eliminate recruitment fees to migrant workers
Author: Leadership Group for Responsible Recruitment
KnowTheChain: Ranking of 20 apparel and footwear companies on efforts to address forced labour in the supply chain
Kenya: Unilever partnership to help small-scale tea farmers increase yields & diversify economic activities
Author: Agatha Ngotho, The Star (Nairobi)
"Tea farmers benefit from Sh140 million three-year project"...
- Related companies: Unilever
Author: Business & Sustainable Development Commission
"Better Business, Better World", January 2017...
- Related stories: The role of business in implementing the UN Sustainable Development Goals - new reports World Economic Forum Annual Meeting Davos 2017: Businesses need to use their influence to stand up for human rights
- Related companies: Abraaj Capital Aviva BMW Enel Ericsson Mars MAS Holdings Merck Nissan Telefónica Unilever Vodafone
USA: 600+ investors & companies call on Trump administration to take action on climate change & low-carbon economy
Author: Daniel Brooksbank, Responsible Investor (UK)
“Top US investors and companies unite to promote low carbon future ahead of Trump inauguration”, 10 January 2017...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation Responsible public policy USA: Trump administration actions on business & human rights
- Related companies: adidas Adobe Systems Advanced Micro Devices Allianz Boston Common Asset Mgmt. DuPont Gap General Mills Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) Intel Johnson & Johnson Kellogg Levi Strauss Mars Mercy Investment Services Mondelēz International Monsanto Nike PG&E Staples Starbucks Unilever