Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands, United Kingdom
In March 2017, the Senate of the Philippines approved the proposed Expanded Maternity Leave Law of 2017. The proposal seeks to increase the current paid maternity leave period from sixty (60) days to one hundred twenty (120) days. Single mothers will...
Global firms use carbon pricing to reduce emissions, analyze investments, and evaluate risk & opportunities of low-carbon economy
An internal carbon price is increasingly being used by companies across sectors and geographies to translate the risks and opportunities of a low-carbon economy into business decisions. Approximately 1,200 businesses from around the world are either...
Author: Coconuts Yangon
"Unilever responds to rights campaign, commits to Rohingya protection", 1 Mar 2017...
- Related stories: Myanmar: Businesses increasingly expressing concern over situation in Rakhine state
- Related in-depth areas: Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Unilever
Mazars & Shift launch assurance guidance to help assess companies' human rights performance & reporting
Following several years of development, Mazars and Shift launch Assurance Guidance on human rights, intended to help internal auditors and external assurance providers assess companies’ human rights performance and reporting. [refers to Citigroup, H...
B Corp movement should further integrate human rights to achieve goal of transforming capitalism, say researchers
Author: Joanne Bauer & Elizabeth Umlas, Stanford Social Innovation Review
Do Benefit Corporations Respect Human Rights? Fall 2017...
Author: Matthew Renda, Courthouse News Services
"With Government Silent, Corporations Price Emissions to Help Fight Climate Change", 13 September 2017...
- Related stories: Global firms use carbon pricing to reduce emissions, analyze investments, and evaluate risk & opportunities of low-carbon economy
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: BHP Billiton BP Disney (see Walt Disney) General Motors Microsoft Rio Tinto Shell Unilever
Author: L'Obs (France)
« Après Charlottesville, le puissant PDG de Merck renonce à conseiller Donald Trump », 15 août 2017...
- Related stories: Etats-Unis : Des PDG réagissent contre les mouvements suprémacistes et néo-nazis, dénoncent l’ambivalence du Président Trump Merck, Intel, Under Armour, Alliance for American Manufacturing & AFL-CIO resign from manufacturing council following President Trump's response to white supremacist violence in Charlottesville
- Related companies: Goldman Sachs Intel Merck Tesla Motors Under Armour Unilever Walt Disney
Author: Gerrit Hansen (Germanwatch)
"Verkehrte grüne Finanzwelt", Juli 2017...
- Related stories: G20 Erklärung der Staats- und Regierungschefs bekennt sich trotz US-Rückzug zum Pariser Klimaabkommen; jetzt muss Umsetzung folgen
- Related companies: Barclays PepsiCo Santander Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Tata Steel (see Tata Iron and Steel) UBS Unilever