Headquarters in USA
For our website section on Visa Group (headquartered in India), click here.
Author: Marcelo Justo, BBC Mundo
"Río 2016: ¿por qué las multinacionales patrocinadoras de las Olimpiadas no pagan impuestos?", 17 Aug 2016...
- Related stories: Brazil: Recent analyses & allegations of business and human rights violations related to the Rio Olympics
- Related in-depth areas: Juegos Olímpicos de Río del 2016 y Mundial de la FIFA del 2014 en Brasil Últimas noticias sobre evasión fiscal
- Related companies: Coca-Cola McDonald's Visa Inc.
USA: Ford cuts ties with ALEC following revelation of funding relationship; NGOs welcome move citing lobby group's climate change denial
Author: Ed Pilkington, Guardian (UK)
"Ford Becomes Latest Major Corporation to Dump ALEC"...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores show improvement of measures taken by companies for LGBT workers
Visa working with partners in Africa, SE Asia, Latin America to improve women's access to banking & help fight poverty
Author: Dave Armon, 3BL Media (USA)
"Plight of the Unbanked Women in Emerging Markets is Focus of Visa", 5 Mar 2015...
USA: 379 businesses & organizations submit statement to US Supreme Court in support of same-sex marriage
Author: Roel Nieuwenkamp & John Ruggie; Institute for Human Rights and Business
The World Cup has been a beloved tradition since 1930 and every four years it attracts millions of fans from around the world to cheer on their teams. Sadly however, the event is no longer just fun and games. Recently FIFA, the organisation that...
Author: Human Rights Watch
...Corporate sponsors of the Sochi Winter Olympics should act now to urge Russia to halt the rising tide of discrimination, harassment, and threats against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people, 40 of the world’s leading human rights...
- Related in-depth areas: Russia: Human rights abuses related to 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi Россия: Нарушения прав человека, связанные с Зимними Олимпийскими играми 2014 в Сочи
- Related companies: Atos (formerly Atos Origin) Coca-Cola Dow Chemical General Electric McDonald's Omega Watches (part of Swatch) Panasonic Samsung Visa Inc.
Author: Kathryn Dovey, Global Business Initiative on Human Rights, on openDemocracy
In June...Russia’s parliament passed a law prohibiting the 'promotion of non-traditional sexual relationships' among children and young people...Businesses...are also affected by the new law...IKEA...is currently experiencing public criticism from...
Author: Human Rights Watch
Leading corporate sponsors of the Olympics have yet to speak out strongly against the rights abuses linked to the preparations for the Sochi Winter Games, to be hosted by Russia in February 2014...Minky Worden... Human Rights Watch [said] “Sponsors...
- Related stories: Russia: Human Rights Watch urges Olympic sponsors to speak out against rights abuses related to Sochi Games preparations; includes responses from 8 firms including Coca-Cola, GE & Samsung
- Related in-depth areas: Russia: Human rights abuses related to 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi
- Related companies: Atos (formerly Atos Origin) Coca-Cola Comcast Dow Chemical General Electric McDonald's NBCUniversal (part of Comcast) Omega Watches (part of Swatch) Panasonic Procter & Gamble Samsung Visa Inc.