Headquarters in USA
Wells Fargo website: http://www.wellsfargo.com
Australia: Growing support amongst large institutional investors for shareholder & NGO campaigns on climate & human rights
Author: Ruth Williams, The Sydney Morning Herald
"Big investors backed shareholder campaigns on climate, human rights", 23 February 2018...
- Related companies: ABP AMP Group Aviva BHP Billiton BlackRock Colonial First State Commonwealth Bank Deutsche Bank Elliott Management ExxonMobil HSBC Macquarie Bank MLC (part of National Australia Bank) Morgan Stanley Nordea Bank Occidental Petroleum Oil Search Origin Energy QBE Insurance Rio Tinto Santos Schroders State Street Vanguard Wells Fargo Westpac Woolworths Limited
BankTrack paper explores responsibilities of banks allegedly contributing to human rights violations through finance
In this briefing paper, BankTrack examines whether private sector banks may have contributed to adverse human rights impacts through their provision of finance. The paper explores eight cases of human rights abuses and the relationship and...
Wells Fargo response re Drummond & paramilitary violence in Colombia & financing for cluster munitions
Author: Wells Fargo
... Wells Fargo strives to engage only with business customers that respect human rights and takes human-rights abuse allegations very seriously. We conduct enhanced due diligence for corporate customers in industries that present higher social and...
- Related stories: BankTrack paper explores responsibilities of banks allegedly contributing to human rights violations through finance
- This is a response from the following companies: Wells Fargo
Author: Judith Samuelson, Quartz at Work
By any measure, Larry Fink’s letter to CEOs this year is a game changer... Fink in his letter excels at both clarity and simplicity: “To prosper over time, every company must not only deliver financial performance, but also show how it makes a...
- Related stories: CEO of Blackrock investment firm calls on companies to make positive contributions to society
- Related companies: Amazon.com Uber Volkswagen Wells Fargo
COP23: Coalition of business, NGOs & energy experts unveil new measures to accelerate renewable energy transition
Author: James Murray, Business Green
"COP23: World leaders urged to strengthen renewables action plans", 10 Nov 2017...
USA: Violation Tracker database expands coverage of cases of corporate crime & misconduct, incl. health & safety, discrimination, environment
Author: Good Jobs First
"From Enron to Wells Fargo: Expanded Violation Tracker Now Covers 18 Years of Corporate Crime & Misconduct", 18 Sep 2017...
The Trump administration has formally announced the end of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) programme, which had protected nearly 800,000 young undocumented immigrants brought to the US as children from deportation and provided them...
Author: Fiona Harvey, The Guardian (UK)
Some of the world's top banks are continuing to lend tens of billions for extracting the most carbon-intensive fossil fuels, according to a report of top lenders [by Rainforest Action Network, Banktrack, Sierra Club, Oilchange International.]...The...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Agricultural Bank of China ANZ Bank Bank of America Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of Nova Scotia Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) China Construction Bank Citigroup Commonwealth Bank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Goldman Sachs HSBC Industrial & Commercial Bank of China ING Bank JPMorgan Chase Mizuho Financial Group Morgan Stanley National Australia Bank Natixis PNC Financial Services Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Santander SMBC Nikko Securities Société Générale Standard Chartered Toronto-Dominion Bank UBS UniCredit Bulbank Wells Fargo Westpac